E90cc and E92cc Computer tube 2nd life

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b2

Hi All  :),

For some days,I walk in the "garden of electron tube" ::)...I've explored ;D ;D and found some references which were designed for computer system   :eek: .

Thoses are very nice 7pin and SQ tube design,long life,low microphonics  as E90cc and E92cc,AND CHEAP ;)

E92cc and E90cc are both Triode BUT with a Common Cathode  ;D ;D.

For E90cc/

Heaters run on 6.3V/0.4A.

Va=100V
Ia around 6mA.

S=6
µ=27
With Ra=20K  ,Rk=250R  and Rg might be around 50K.

I was wondering to used this tube in LineAmp, ;D ;D running the 2 triode sections in an output transformer which can passed Ia and the HT

OR

In the 2 section, the grid connected together + the anode connected together + nice output caps and a transformers .

The E90cc as a µ=27 and the E92cc as a µ of 45,so I was wondering if we can do a Gain stage with E92cc.................... :eek:.........Yes I think if we used it in Symetrical  just after the input transformer...one section for one side of transformer and the 2 section for the  other side  ;D

With a 1:10 input transformer + E92cc Gain stage+pot Level+E90cc LineOutput+Output tranformer... ::)

This might work as a mic preamp???? :eek:

Didn't have a tube simulator..... BUT I think it's would be interesting to simulate it ...just to see what thoses computer tubes will do ;D

E92cc and E90cc are cheap tube  ;)

Best regards,Bruno.

-

Latest posts

Back