Sorting and storing components

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conleycd

I'm always looking to not reinvent the wheel...  So I'm wondering what people's solutions are to storing components (things like resistors, caps, mostly, but other stuff too).

I have quite an assortment I've collected over the years.  Most sits in Digikey boxes.  My strips and strips of resistors resides in value order inside a shoe box.

Are people using little cabinets for common value stuff and resistors

I'd love to know what has worked for others.

CC

I've been looking for one of these bins myself. With the little trays. I've seen some larger used ones in commercial auctions(say 150 bins) but weren't in my geographical area.

The ones at the stores i've seen are fairly pricey. Home depot wants $30 for a small 20 bin, for example. Regardless, i need something for storage too.

Here's my version - after 100 boxes and saying "alright":

bench2.jpg

Ended up really happy with it because it's all so accessible. Then for little stuff that comes in 100 varieties there's the
little thing with drawers far right, it's full of transistors and regs and ICs and stuff...they're modular, Volker has a ton of those.

That's precisely it.

How about the poster on the upper right wall.. :)

Ah yeah, very important ;D

bench3.jpg

That's become my "motivational corner" ;)

The graphics card is the ATI that kept overheating to always remind me that
"just because it looks pro..." as well as "you're not alone, and here are 10^6 reasons why"

Then a little thing "The path of least resistance is only paved in the beginning", as well as
the "4 rules for monkeys" that my music teacher taught me.

I'm starting to enjoy the brewery more and more all the time.  :)

Pucho: yes...will have to check there more often. Maybe kijiji or craigslist.

Latest posts

Back