CnB...uhh...5? (Stereo unbalanced crossfader / wet-dry control)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

livingnote

Yeah...yet another rev. This was getting kinda on my nerves to keep people waiting
who were all into the CnB and wanted one, so here we have rev 5 with all the fun stuff
from the previous revs (pull-up resistors, bias compensation network, relay bypass and
DIL16 socket option for playing with crossfade laws), plus now protection diodes at the
power in so you can't blow stuff up anymore, free-run diodes for the relay coils and as
far as schem recheck goes...

cnbtracecheck.jpg

...should be fine. (That's my version of "Forward annotation" ;) )

I took as many as possible vias outta there so that the etch lab rats wouldn't have all too
much trouble getting the top layer stuff connected but the best part, now I have it in Illustrator,
so you can play with it yourselves (fex turn it into an M/S processor with 2 relays à la Clintrubber):

Crush-N-Blend Rev5

Schematic & Tweaking Instructions for Rev5

The layer GNC - Ground Node Connection (those funny little crosses so that ground plane
points aren't just a hole - belong to bottom layer for etching).

BCCs and Rs are just fine-tuning the opamp input for noise, still tuning around on it myself.

Yeah - gonna do some decorating tomorrow and then see what it does when I stick the
components in  ;D

And of course by tomorrow I'll get back to all you who were asking about it, and if you've
been left out gladly resend me a mail.

====

Ok...let's etch ;D

crushblend5.jpg

Hi, can you post the schematic for this rev?
The latest schematic i've found is version 3...

Thank you very much!!

I just installed my REV 2!!

I think I need an upgrade.  ;D
Quick question:
I was reading about phasing issues using mix circuits like this
for something like an DA-AD stereo insert.
Has anyone found any issues like this?

Cheers!

EDIT: relay bypass?!?! I NEED one!!
gimmegimme  :D

Sure, I'll get back to you. Currently back in Switzerland for hiking+dentist and stuff :)

(I'm kinda afraid of the root canal but totally curious about their Cerec CNC dental
prosthetic machine)

That Cerec tooth stuff is pretty cool  ;D

Anyway, here we go: 25th it is, and this thing gets built.

I get a lot of questions about how I make double-sided boards by hand, and the real magic
is in through-plating with a manual riveter:

rivets.jpg

The thing with rivets is that they're great for quick proto-ing in-house but if you're building
stuff you have got to know that they're not necessarily the way the manufacturer says:

<comic voice>

"Rivets are a great way of through-plating, ensuring proper and steady contact with the traces
on both sides of the PCB"...

later we read:

"In case of unstable contact, this can be caused by either too great or not enough riveting pressure"

</comic voice>

Yeah right.

After a two or so years of riveting - I neurotically do this:

solderedrivets.jpg

They're probably one of the most dang sturdy things once they're soldered down. But if you don't, have
fun with that capacitor.

And that relay ;)

livingnote said:
BCCs and Rs are just fine-tuning the opamp input for noise, still tuning around on it myself.

Can anyone give me clue on the values for the BCC's and BCR's?
These are both between pin 5 of the NE5532 (2IN+) and ground.

Hi

i try to make an crush'n blend circuit for my SB4000 but it's not easy !

i have understand the illustrator doc with the LAYERS with different "step" of the PCB !

But i don't understant the BCC and BCCR composant ... whant that ? and what's the Value ?

thx

No layout on .AI file.
Only is the components layout.
Somebody have the complete layout of Rev5 or Rev4?

Back