Flexible Flat Cable (FFC) source

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitsos

OK, I have this mbox2pro, and some indicator LEDs don't light (phantom and a couple others). I opened it (PITA) and there is a ribbon cable connecting the main boards to the front LED board, and it seems like it was bent at too acute an angle and 1-2 conductors on the edge are broken.

I tried the local digi repair people (not official, just the only ones here that repair digi stuff), they have the cable, but won't sell it to me. They want me to take it in for a "no-obligation appraisal." I'll take it in for kicks, but I'm a bit hesitant, because the guy already started telling me over the phone that usually when this happens there is a "memory chip" and some other chip that have gone bad. They already got my friend for about $300 USD for a burned out firewire chip in some other interface...

But since I didn't know where to look or what to look for I was hesitant.. BUT I think I found it, made by Molex, part number 21020-0259, available at Digikey, in case anyone ever runs into a problem with this kind of cable. I won't know until I get it if this is the actual problem, but it's pretty likely.

Latest posts

Back