Digitech VSC1 schematic wanted

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will describe the digitech vsc 1

The compressor is done with valve's and is stereo , it is made by EVI in Canada , and the company is sold.
So no paperwork is mine , therefor I still would like to have the schematic of it because i want to update it with opa2604 and would like to put the voltage at +/-18V.

Has anyone done this allready , then please let me know.

When so many people read this message , and i still have no post , therefore i give you my mail account
htgerbenzon(at)hotmail(dot)com

Hopefully somebody knows something of this nice piece of equipment.

This piece of equipment was made in the time that Digitech was from EVI , now Digitech is from Harman.

Both company's told me that the have no paperwork , so who has it then , if they dont have it?

Hey Giraf

Can you me the adres of that shop so i can ask them , have never heard of it so i didn't know.

Thanks

You mean the VCS 1 don't you? I have one too and I think its amazing for tracking. A poor mans LA2A. I might have a circuit or had one, I'll get back to you.

Yes HG , i do mean the VSC-1 and i do want a schemo for it because it can sound even better than it already sounds!!

Have already changed one with opa2604 and made it on 24V , sound is very very good!!

Need to put a little trafo on back side of the case for the +/- V for the 24V and put wiring from new trafo to rectifier , because you still need the old trafo that is inside , further you must make some extra airinlet , because it is a little hot inside.

I bought mine from a clearing house in the States and so it was sent with a 240 mains transformer which I had to install. They sent a circuit, but it was only for the mains. I'm trying to track down the company but it was nearly 2 years ago. I got it really cheap, brand new and thought it was going to be a piece of junk.

Have you read the review in SOS mag? It gets a big thumbs up. These units didn't really take off but they sound brilliant to my ears. I'll find something I'm sure.

http://www.digitech.com/ftp_mirror/PDFs/Discontinued%20Products/Manuals/VCS1.pdf

http://home.wanadoo.nl/syntigroep/man/manualsd.htm Manual: 10 euro

Hey PRR

Thank you very much , will order it on monday hopefully i will have it at the end of next week.

thanks

> will order it

Be sure, before you pay, that it is the service manual, not the owner manual (which you can read for free).

{edit} in fact their listing says "Owner's manual". And that other link seems to be the Owner's manual for free, with a block diagram but no detailed schematic.

Dealing with "orphan" gear is always fun :sad: . Even if someone bought the brand name, they are too busy selling new gear to care about the stuff made before the change of ownership.

I don't quite understand what you changed but let us know more when you get the circuit? Were you just changing the input arrangement to get more character?

Thanks PRR , in the pdf is just the blockdiagram , no schemo. So will ask them what they have , is a company in my own country and i didn't know that it exist.

For HG yes it is easy to change the digitech , the only problem you have is that there is no space inside anymore so you have to do it outside.
The new extra trafo for the +/- 18V is put on the backside , nice small type of ERA 30W flattype , will fit , make 230V to the switch and get the old wiring from the "old" trafo of the rectifier and put the new trafo instaed on it. You still need the "old" trafo for the rest to power it. (the tube)
The LM7818/lm7918 must be put on the backside aswell with heatsinks on them because they get a little bit hot , therefor it need a little bit more air , so make a few more holes in it and watch it in temp.

So you've converted it to a preamp with compressor? Post some pics when you have time ok?

Hey HG , have left the Digitech as it was , only have changed all opamps to opa2604 , to get it on +/- 18V.
So it has still only line input level and is no preamp but only compessor.

But the sound is great.

Dont know for the foto's , have no camera and have no scanner , but will try to get pictures from a friend who has them , but it can take some time because it is build back in a case with extra aircontrol and is a lot a work.

Have today ordered the owners manual for it (thanks to PRR), hope to get it this week.
When i have the schemo i can tell you what ic's are in it , because there are a few type's inside , 5532/4558 as i renember , not much stuff to change only input/output and a few in the envelope(4558) but because it has to go on +/- 18V they all have to go!!! So it doesn't mather at all.
The only big troubble i had was to get the board out of it to desolder the ic's and put good quality sockets in , and find place for the lm7818/7918 on the backside.

Have ordered it some time ago , stil nothing hurd from them , have phoned them but that doesn't help , I will wait because i allready paypal that guy and did get nothing yet!

By the way , has anybody a schemo he/she can send it to thgerbenzon(at)hotmail(dot)com.

thanks

Latest posts

Back