Preview: AOC51X

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got a quote for the bourns 51 today: ouch  :eek:
lead time of ten weeks ...

I think a group buy for the first run will be in order, but let us wait for the prototypes first.

already had 5 mails from Zhang (yes Jeff, it is not Hu this time ;D ) regarding the card edge gold fingers.
it is always a mess, looks like there is no standard how to implement them in the gerbers ...

[silent:arts] said:
got a quote for the bourns 51 today: ouch  :eek:
lead time of ten weeks ...

I think a group buy for the first run will be in order, but let us wait for the prototypes first.

already had 5 mails from Zhang (yes Jeff, it is not Hu this time ;D ) regarding the card edge gold fingers.
it is always a mess, looks like there is no standard how to implement them in the gerbers ...
This is odd to me Volker. It always seems that Hu has a question or 2 on a new board...but never on the gold fingers. Of all of the different boards I have done will gold fingers, which is maybe 9 or 10 different Gerbers...never one question on gold fingers.

Strange. I will ask my friend what he is doing for this.

Best, Jeff

I have never had questions before gold-fingers.
only the usual reorder questions:
1. You ordered white soldermask and black silkscreen last time, and you order the green soldermask and white silkscreen this time, is it right?
2.You ordered the HASL in surface finish last time, and you order the Lead Free HASL - RoHS this time, is it right?

however, they did the GDIY51CEA PCB right, and I referenced Zhang (I hope Hu is only on holidays) to it.

Volker, I just verified with my friend Jim. He converts my dxf files into Gerbers for me. Large rectangular solder pads are created in whatever copper layer (top or bottom). I then specify how many gold fingers when inputting order. That is it. No other special layer or notations anywhere. No questions from them ever. Weird. Maybe they don't like you??  ;D :D :eek:

jsteiger said:
Volker, I just verified with my friend Jim. He converts my dxf files into Gerbers for me. Large rectangular solder pads are created in whatever copper layer (top or bottom). I then specify how many gold fingers when inputting order. That is it. No other special layer or notations anywhere. No questions from them ever. Weird. Maybe they don't like you??  ;D :D :eek:

thanks. in Target I have layers for "gold top / gold bottom".
used them at the GDIY51CEA PCBs, with no luck.
this time I just ignored gold layers.
honestly I forgot to remove the solderstop layer this time  ::)
what I like is they double check if there is any question!
yes, they might not like me, since I order too much ;D ;D ;D

. . . . Damn and Blast! Yet more delectable goodies that I MUST have, yet cannot afford! What a great project. I'll bet it sounds amazing too!

Analag and SilentArts,  we are not worthy. Thank you so much!!!!

Kindest REgards,

ANdyP

Hi Volker,

I had quoted Burns for a project before and they were kind of crazy expensive and long lead times, like you mentioned.
Omeg seems to be a lot more reasonable.
Give them a try.

great looking project.

BR said:
Omeg seems to be a lot more reasonable.
Give them a try
mhm, I know them from the LAZ MPA.
the quote I got isn't too bad, I'm fine paying around EUR 8,- for a high quality potentiometer with a good feel.
good thing in the AOC51X is: both pots are the same value

btw, I'm awaiting the prototype PCBs next week.
need to check my parts stock over the weekend and order what I need to do the prototype as fast as possible :D

nice parcel arrived today ;)
IMG_5984.jpg

now I need parts and - some time

Looks absolutely nice. Very well thought layout.
Where it is possible to source round miniature caps for ALPS SPUJ switches?

Latest posts

Back