Preview: AOC51X

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winetree said:
Is it still alive?

yes - but I need to do a new PCB design, adding a 470uF bipolar before the output transformer :mad:
otherwise inrush current is too high, and / or the Pikatron output smokes the DOA ::)
don't expect this released this year, but I want to have it ready as soon as possible.

[quote author=[silent:arts]
yes - but I need to do a new PCB design, adding a 470uF bipolar before the output transformer :mad:
otherwise inrush current is too high, and / or the Pikatron output smokes the DOA ::)
don't expect this released this year, but I want to have it ready as soon as possible.
[/quote]

That happened exactly today with Hogers AOC which he lent me for testing. The output tranny was >60deg when I realized what happened, I couldn´t even touch it. Maybe you put a 47Ohm resistor parallel to the 470uF (API stylee).

argh - I told Holger about this weeks (months ?) ago :mad:
I guess I will use Neumann style  :D

which DOA inside?
if it is analags "Hybrid" I will send you some replacement PCBs.

Yes, it´s the Hybrid DOA. Could you send me the schematics with the board? Since it´s Holgers thingy I have no documentation.
After the the big smoke I was wondering where the BW limiting cap of the hybrid DOA is and why there´s nothing done to isolate capacitive load. The datasheat clearly says that there´s danger of oscillation at lower gain and offers several circuits for prevention.

Holger said:
Oops...
Yeah, I remember that Volker once gave me the information about the capacitor, I simply forgot to implement. My bad...  ::)
;)

jensenmann said:
Yes, it´s the Hybrid DOA. Could you send me the schematics with the board? Since it´s Holgers thingy I have no documentation.
After the the big smoke I was wondering where the BW limiting cap of the hybrid DOA is and why there´s nothing done to isolate capacitive load. The datasheat clearly says that there´s danger of oscillation at lower gain and offers several circuits for prevention.
;) ;) ;)

I guess a bigger re-design is needed ... :mad:

Ptownkid said:
Ooooooh, and these new projects are what? Tease... ;)
you are not on facebook, aren't you  :eek:
neither on the german forum.

the K13117 is a pure class A mic pre designed by Darius Kubarth (Kubi)
no teaser here since I don't know if he wants to.

the PMV70X is the Neumann PMV70X PreAmp in 51X form factor.
no teaser since I need to sell some OV560 first to fund the project.

looking at the dates from this project, and the 5 years the Jensamp took, I do not tease anymore.
will report back once anything is finished and ready to go.

Latest posts

Back