Stripboard Transient Designer + Drawmer Gate build

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMorris

Originally posted this in the 500 series thread but thought I may as well start a new topic rather than clogging that up with a tangential post.

With the talk of transient designers in the other thread, and people mentioning that a build wasn't available, I thought I'd add that those willing to work up a stripboard layout might be interested in the project Snipsnip and I are intermittently having a go at (courtesy of J Haible):

http://www.jhaible.de/transient/jh_tran_gate.html

It takes the transient designer, adds a drawmer gate and CV control of attack and sustain, plus option of a sample and hold randomiser for humanising drums. J Haible never made a PCB for it though, I guess maybe because of copyright issues. So we are giving it a go the long way.

Thought I'd mention it, because it would be good to see some other build attempts from some of the accomplished people on here for sharing results / problems etc..

Too right, I've built his Triple Chorus Solina, Tau phaser, Dim D clone, Krautrock phaser, Variable slope filter and Living VCOs and they've all been fantastic. I just wish he'd release a PCB for this because stripboard for a circuit like this is pretty painstaking! Good learning experience though.

Yes, massive props to JH for his affordable high quality projects.

Working with stripboard is time consuming for a circuit this complex, but Im sure it will be all the more sweet when its up and running.

any progress on this? the more i use TD plug-in on my computer i appreciate how useful a gate is in combination with it - particularly if you copy the track you're working on so you can deal with the transient and body of the drum seperately - sticking a gate on the "body" track is incredibly useful, as u can shorten the "air" around any sound, particulary good for snares!

Joe moved to London so we havent done any work on this in a long time. Still got all the bits in a box though, so one day Im sure we'll fire it back up. He is wrists deep in a modular synth right now so I dont think it will be any time too soon.

Back