51xAudio by [silent:arts]

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Volker

Can you send  4 BO HANSEN PCB Boards.

Best regards

Troels Nyborg  8)

Voxphonia Records

www,voxphonia.dk

HI Volker,
happy new year !

When do you expect the MIG 51x Eleven-Space Rack to be available again ?

I need one more :)

Andreas

Would just like to say thanks to Volker for sending through my 2 orders well packaged and very quickly!! Ordered D-LA2A PCB + TX and 2 x Bo Hansen Di's.

Going to be building up the DI's tomorrow and the D-LA2A maybe in a few months when I have accumulated the rest of the parts!

Regards,

Matt

have any of you built the OMSD48PSU?

id need a little help to finish my build:

* i see 2x R10 labels on the PCB, am i right the upper one is R11 (18k)? ( http://screencast.com/t/f4qgLTBTC17s )
* i see "2x24VAC / 32VA / EI38" label on the transformer's place, but.. 32VA? i guess its 3,2VA, based on the Conrad no. 710680?
* BC560 - C or D? does it matter here?
* UF4007 instead of 1N4004 in the diode bridge - is this any good / bad?
* maybe im wrong, but it seems to me something is different around VR1 / R24 on the schematics and the actual PCB - should i worry about it? can i have a corrected schemo, please?
* insulation is needed between the IRF610 and the heatsink, right? if the IRF directly touches the heatsink, Drain(Case) goes to GND (on Top PCB layer) , wich gives 0 output.

thank you

rjuly said:
Is there any possibility that your OV560 or PMV70 kits will ever become available again?
Hi Richard,

I do have PCBs and FrontPanels left for both, but no L-Brackets at the moment.
Give me a few weeks and I will prepare a few more kits.

Hi Volker,

I'm not in any particular hurry, but at some point in the next 12 months or so, I would like to standardize my mic pres to either the OV560 or the PVM70, so buying perhaps eight of them. I would like to ensure that they are as uniform as possible.  I already have two of each. In terms of parts availability (transformers, DOAs etc..), which of the two models would be the most practical to plan for? Also, I would need to get another 51x chassis. Is it possible to upgrade my current power supply to accomodate two chassis? (found the answer on your power supply thread - I'll need another power supply).

- Richard

Hi Richard,

rjuly said:
I don't suppose you have any plans to do part 3 anytime soon... 51 x version of V 476 B ?
This won't happen. However, one of my original PMV70 serial number stickers says V 476 A  :)

rjuly said:
I'm not in any particular hurry, but at some point in the next 12 months or so, I would like to standardize my mic pres to either the OV560 or the PVM70, so buying perhaps eight of them. I would like to ensure that they are as uniform as possible.  I already have two of each. In terms of parts availability (transformers, DOAs etc..), which of the two models would be the most practical to plan for?
Both use the same input transformer, today still in production.
The OV560s output transformer is still in production, the PMV70X output transformer isn't.
Both use the OA12 DOA, I reverse engineered one and have it now available with original parts  8)

OA12.jpg

rjuly said:
Also, I would need to get another 51x chassis. Is it possible to upgrade my current power supply to accomodate two chassis?
Which power supply do you have? We still use the same schematic for all.
It depends very much on the modules you have installed.

[silent:arts] said:
This won't happen. However, one of my original PMV70 serial number stickers says V 476 A  :)
Fair enough - can't blame a guy for trying... ;-)

Both use the same input transformer, today still in production.
The OV560s output transformer is still in production, the PMV70X output transformer isn't.
Both use the OA12 DOA, I reverse engineered one and have it now available with original parts  8)
To tell the truth, apart from the difference in gain I don't hear much to distinguish between the OV560 and PVM70.  It might be nice to have a couple more  PVM70s to handle some recording that calls for that extra gain, but mostly I think the OV560s would be fine. If I can find NOS transformers for a couple of channels of PVM70, then the rest could be OV560s.  If I get 2 PVM70s and 5 OV560s, along with what I already have, I could fill one 11 space rack.

Which power supply do you have? We still use the same schematic for all.
It depends very much on the modules you have installed.
I have a fair number of 51x type channels that need 24 volts, so I will need to get a second power supply to support 24 volts comfortably across 2 racks. I am assuming that one power supply can comfortably handle all 11 of the OVF and PVM  pres running at 24 volts.

Hello,

I would like to order the Hansen DI PCB, and the Haufe ST8456.

Mail sent.

Thanks,

Eric

Latest posts

Back