Automatic wire strippers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Anyone ever use an automatic stripping machine. I'm not talking about that POS handheld thing they try and sell on T.V. I am talking a real stripping machine? Are they worth it for professional audio  multiconductor cable?

I don't know if you're referring to the automatic multiconductor stripper. But I have this thermal stripper (top one, and 3rd from top).
TW_TWC_STRIPALL_l.jpg

I think they're one of my best investments. No worries stripping fine or small diameter wires.

I had a thermal stripper, mine broke from a fall off the bench. My main reason for looking into automated is for doing quick massive amounts of cable runs. Stripping wires by hand is just time consuming...

So take a standard 24 pair snake. to strip each one of the 24 pair and then strip the hot and the colds takes a long time. From my understanding an automatic stripper machine could speed up the process.

Something like this

http://www.schleuniger.com/DesktopDefault.aspx/tabid-46/89_read-14522/

I'm actually curious about this one, i've asked the French Distributor, he has also simple ones as owel posted, it's a cool tool to have , but we could compare prices :), i know French side will be killer tough...
Anyway could be worth it if you do a lot of wiring installations etc... As usual, nothing better than the right tools for the right job, but yes it could be more related for small to medium industry.

PS: I had a price  :D, just a simple cutter was too high priced i mean about 880 euros, My god France!!!!!!
Anyway the US2300 was killer also, the price is about 3360 Euro Ex VAT, and the spare knifes are about 77 euros, spare diamond teeth for about 420 euros, you can also have foot pedal, but the spare options are pretty expensive, you still need to use that everyday for making it worth it i think????

Not the same one, but on video it's a pretty nice machine tough:

http://www.schleuniger.com/DesktopDefault.aspx/tabid-46/89_read-14440/

Latest posts

Back