In a Paralled Universe...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abechap024

they designed speakers at High Impedance/High Voltage so you had to higher a special task force just to set up your own stereo equipment. A power amp over 100 watts was considered illegal only after hundreds of thousands of people got shocked to death when wiring up their own home stereo systems. If you want the good power amps you can go see emelio down by the school yard - in his van he has the real power amps. Forums like this would be illegal.

Hrm, well, for amplifiers, the ideal is an infinite input impedance and a zero output impedance. I don't know offhand if coil-and-magnet speakers would follow that same rule (I don't see why not) so now I'm wondering if designing such a speaker with a high input impedance would result in better or at least more easily reproducible/replicable sound quality.

That would be an interesting experiment.

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure electrostatic speakers are of a very high input impedance and very high voltage, which is why they need special amps to drive them. People DIY those.

Latest posts

Back