Inkjet transfer decals on black chassis problem.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bitman

So after having good success with lazertran applied on white I tried Inkjet transfer paper with the intention of putting decals on a black panel.

Doesn't work.

For reasons that baffle me, no matter what color I make the decal (A BIG FAT BITCHIN LOGO btw), even bee yellow, it's transparent when applied to the black panel. I put it on some white paper and it shows up.

Anybody have luck doing this?

I don't think you will have any luck putting waterslide type decals on to black panels. Your inkjet printer obviously doesn't use white ink, so brighter colours are achieved through showing more of the white paper through the ink. You'll only see black through your bright colours when you put it on a black panel unfortunately.

Engraving or screen printing are pretty much the only options for black panels.

Nick

Nick Franklin said:
I don't think you will have any luck putting waterslide type decals on to black panels. Your inkjet printer obviously doesn't use white ink, so brighter colours are achieved through showing more of the white paper through the ink. You'll only see black through your bright colours when you put it on a black panel unfortunately.

Engraving or screen printing are pretty much the only options for black panels.

Nick

...All this time....

Thanks guys.

There is white backed waterslide that shows color just fine on black, I bought 10 sheets of both forever ago from somewhere online, works perfect on any finish.

benlindell said:
There is white backed waterslide that shows color just fine on black, I bought 10 sheets of both forever ago from somewhere online, works perfect on any finish.

But don't you see the white background around your logos and labels then?

Nick Franklin said:
benlindell said:

But don't you see the white background around your logos and labels then?

I looked it up and you do see white.

Latest posts

Back