Experience with beyer BV/TR 310 003 002? 220ohm-2K ? Applications?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motordisco

Hi, does anyone have experience with this model? 
Beyer bv/tr 310 003 002
its a 200ohm input, 2kohm output, turns ratio 1:3, freq resp 30-15000Hz
I read about it slightly, spec in beyer catalog.

Would just like some spontanious input on possible use, and experience.
So that I can decide wether to spend time in designing a bunch of projects based on this, or not.

Can it be used then as a mic prea input trafo?  as DI trafo backwards?

..and even inside a actual diy microphone design? ( later project perhaps )

Thanks and best greetings

Thanks a lot, Im checking your pre design a bit since I got your answer. Will continue looking at it, seems interresting for changing between other trafos also. Looks great

Do you have theese preamp cards left?

I have a few more. I had a few shipped directly to me so I could test the final boards, but most of them are at Niels' house (forum name Nielsk), who is handling the shipping. At this point, it's best to contact him directly and let him know how many you want. I think there was one more latecomer that wanted some, but there should be some left.

mitsos said:
input for a 990 based mic pre?

Good call. Or some mic outputs, eg. valve CF and some SS designs. Not suitable for passive DI. Level handling in the bottom-end is probably so-so, but these units can sound nice.

For mic pre design, I used the 1:7 models. The 1:5's are probably versatile too.

mitsos said:
I have a few more. I had a few shipped directly to me so I could test the final boards, but most of them are at Niels' house (forum name Nielsk), who is handling the shipping. At this point, it's best to contact him directly and let him know how many you want. I think there was one more latecomer that wanted some, but there should be some left.

Thanks a lot Mitsos, great

rodabod said:
mitsos said:
input for a 990 based mic pre?

Good call. Or some mic outputs, eg. valve CF and some SS designs. Not suitable for passive DI. Level handling in the bottom-end is probably so-so, but these units can sound nice.

For mic pre design, I used the 1:7 models. The 1:5's are probably versatile too.

Nice. Those CF and SS mics, wich model and brands exactly are they? You mean as output trafo inside the mic body right?
I have seen one trafo like this inside a mic, perhaps neumann or shoeps, or something else, looked like a tube mic.
Couldnt see the numbers on the photo, so still dont know if it was the same turns ratio that my trafo´s has, but looked exactly the same, small and pretty. I would love to build a mic like this or just similar, so if it seems worth trying, absolutely good idea.

Back