Looking for a Detroit-area drum kit to sample

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Consul

I've posted this at a couple other forums where I thought I'd get good replies, but nothing has appeared so far.

In a quest to a) get decent unique-sounding drums and b) flex my field recording and sampling muscles, I've been on a quest to spend a day sampling a drum set. This will be just a matter of setting the field recorder up in front of the kit, hitting the Go button, and then hitting drums and cymbals. I would like to collect multiple hits at multiple velocities, but I won't go crazy with it (whatever I can accomplish in a day). I'm trying to go after the classic "one mic in a room" sound, like on Radiohead's "Reckoner", for example. I can't afford to pay anything, but I will release the samples to the community when they're edited.

Thank you all for your time.

Thumbs Up! hope you find someone, I personally love any kind of homebrewed samples, they can give your production a very unique feel.

Darren, my studio is still under construction but when it's done I'll be tracking drums to learn the room.  I would imagine we're still a few weeks out from getting the acoustic treatments going.

Latest posts

Back