Upgrading or improving my Apogee AD8000 original converter?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canidoit

I understand that you can improve this to an SE model but Apogee does not do this anymore?

Anyone know of any DIY that you can do to these units?

Just doing the mod ae we speak -9 smd devices to add/change and an Eprom-some of the smd values where odd-apogee supplied all the parts and instructions. If they wont help I could send you a copy of the instructions and get the eprom copied??!!

moltenwok said:
Just doing the mod ae we speak -9 smd devices to add/change and an Eprom-some of the smd values where odd-apogee supplied all the parts and instructions. If they wont help I could send you a copy of the instructions and get the eprom copied??!!
What sort of mod was it? Was it to convert it to an SE?

Did they tell you what kind of improvements it would be?

How did you get them to send you the parts, was it for free?

Is it an easy mod?

Thanks Mate!

If what Ive heard is true:
the SE version has an updated and beefier PS and better tweaked analog stages.
I have an AD-8000 ere I'd mod up in a flash if there were some info on these...

It would be great if the power supply is a quick changeover.

As for the SE upgrade, I would be interested in doing that as well!

Yup its the SE upgrade-we were having clocking issues-the mods are a few smd on power supply board and 4-5 resistors+caps between legs of some bits on the clock board and the eprom-its all away at my mate the smd surgeon at the moment he reckons easy to do 1 hour....

moltenwok said:
Yup its the SE upgrade-we were having clocking issues-the mods are a few smd on power supply board and 4-5 resistors+caps between legs of some bits on the clock board and the eprom-its all away at my mate the smd surgeon at the moment he reckons easy to do 1 hour....
Kool, I will definitely be interested in this mod. So was this to improve the converter quality or just the clocking.

What did you have installed in your AD-8000? Like what cards did you have?

So all the mods were done on the unit and not the added cards that you install?

Have pm'd you the info we got from apoogee, as you can see the work is on the power supply board-replace 4 resistors and adding a network mod on the main digi board..

Latest posts

Back