How to remove Tempo Info/Tags from Logic 9 bounces..?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLM

Hi! Anyone have any idea how to remove the tempo information and whatever other tags that Logic 9 now puts on every bounce? Its a new feature in L9 but a couple of times WAV masters I've sent to clients wont open on their PCs etc.. I'm thinking its the tags that are the problem?  Cant see an option in L9 to turn tags off for bounce, nor can I find any info with a google search, so if anybody has any tips on how to do this lemme know please! Right now I'm loading the L9 bounce up into logic 8 and rebouncing it...complete PITA..

Thanks!

Matt

are you positive your bounce is a .wav? without changing the preferences settings, logic will have output the bounce as a .aiff which will not work on a windows system.

Yeh, definitely WAV bounces that were causing the problem...not 100% sure its the tempo tags that are messing things up, but it seems thats the only thing thats changed about the output file format between L8 and L9.. Maybe it was something else tho, as I cant find any other reports online of other people having any problem..

Interesting how metadata works tho, potentially really useful for all sorts of stuff, and got me thinking how else they are used and how they could be- I use appleloops a lot (converted from my own recycle files) to store and audition all my drum/percussion breaks then have them load up the corresponding EXS preset and MIDI pattern - really really useful feature, but quite poorly executed in terms of search functions etc - you're stuck with apple's options as far as categorising your loops/samples etc, and these are sorely lacking to say the least..(Acoustic/Electric, Cheerful/Dark etc lol). They are obviously using metadata tags to do this, but not sure what program you could use to view or edit the tags..? Dunno if anyone has any experience with this?.. Still cant seem to find a program that can do the job, beyond iTunes..

ahhhhh, there is a program that removes BPm tags from MP3's that I use because a DJ program called trackto adds these tags and then they cant be opened in Ableton.
I cant remember the name of the program, I'm at work now, I'll check as soon as I get home.
I'm 99% sure it supports formats other than MP3, so it should do the trick.

Autophase said:
ahhhhh, there is a program that removes BPm tags from MP3's that I use because a DJ program called trackto adds these tags and then they cant be opened in Ableton.
I cant remember the name of the program, I'm at work now, I'll check as soon as I get home.
I'm 99% sure it supports formats other than MP3, so it should do the trick.

This is the one i use
http://www.foobar2000.org/
hope it does the trick

Latest posts

Back