MCI 400 series desk

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi folks

I have some problems with this desk.

The diagram I wound up getting for this, which I didn`t need at the time appears to be the wrong one. The channel board I`m looking at has several transistors, which are`nt featured on the diagram I have, as well as the 2001 op amps. On the board some of the resistor number are as high as R702.

Anyhow there are a couple of things:

1. Really need a circuit diagram, because I there is some bad distortion on one channel & some serious overheating going on.

2. Recapped a single channel that now works well but is sounding really sterile compared to the existing channels & in comparison has no character.
Has anyone recapped one of these desks & found a brand of cap that maintains the sonics of the original ?

I got some schematics for the 400a series, the channel pcb says
pc 4300c0095. Is that the one you got?

jo

Hey Buttachunk,

I bought a 416 module from you on ebay about 4 years ago and eventually racked it in dec 2003...

Heres a pic in case your interested:
http://www.jlmaudio.com/JLM%20MCI%204%20x%20MIC%20PRE%20&%20EQ%20800.jpg

Its a great pre and eq combo, I use it mostly on vocals and snare sometimes.

M

mci.jpg

mci%202.jpg

On the photo above you can see the transistors in pairs near to the big 10r resistors. There are 3 pairs & 2 other single transistors elsewhere on the board.
mci%203.jpg

The number on the board is PCA4300-0241

Back