Ward Beck L1202 Console Restoration

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iangomes

Hey all,
I've just gone through the process of restoring this nice little console, so take a look if you're interested!:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/geekslutz-forum/506248-ward-beck-l1202-console-restoration.html

(Sorry I couldn't post the pictures directly onto here, but that took a heck of a long time to do!)

Good for you. I had one of those for about two years, only it had the 480b modules in it.
I loved that little (heavy) console. Eq was nice, has kind of a mid-saturation to it which sounds beautiful
on vocals and guitars. I sold it to a guy in NY city, i can say that expediting it was a PITA.

I would've kept that console if it hadn't been so heavy to move around, otherwise i was completely happy with it.

A friend has one he doesn't want  , likely too much to ship
but maybe models if anyone is interested ,
what they're worth  , no idea

nice work btw

I'll check what my friend whats, but if anyone has an idea
of what it should go for let me know

Hey Ian, nice job.

I have one of those as well  (T1202A) There was so much circuitry for all of the extensive routing in that desk that I would never use, so I decided to gut the machine, get the weight down to something more portable for my purposes.

I've restored/racked 8 of the 12 M480C modules, (re-capped electrolytics and 'tantrums' too. Rack is wired so that M1 and M2 output routing remain intact: an 8 into 2 mixer plus direct outs, with selectable A/B Mic and Line inputs.  
I bult a rack for the massive PSU module. Still, it is much too heavy duty. Planning on building a smaller +/-24 and +48  PSU one day.

best wishes.

Attachments

• wbs 1202.jpg
    wbs 1202.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 17
Nice work guys, I love the Ward Beck stuff.

I had a full sized console with 460 modules, 8 subs with full metering and full sized patch bay that I had to dismantle and saw the frame. :(

All the modules and pieces are sitting in storage in my basement and this has stoked the fire to get them racked up and functional again.

The Ward Beck stuff is high quality and sounds great, there's a few mods out there that make them even more usable.

Great work!

Mark

Attachments

• Console1.jpg
    Console1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 32
Back