How late do you stay up at night on Prodigy?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It all depends on the topics.  Quite some time back, CJ posted some rather cryptic transformer info and I think I was reading and rereading those posts until sunrise.  Kinda like listening to a Beatles album backwards looking for the hidden meaning.  Turns out it was just a bunch of coils of wire wrapped around some sorta metallic core.

I looked at the stats a couple of times and it always worried me how high up there I was on the "online" chart. I don't usually even come here on evenings, but keep the site idling away in the background at work. Looks like it adds up.

Butterylicious said:
Turns out it was just a bunch of coils of wire wrapped around some sorta metallic core.

haha!  :D

late is not the "problem", it's how long!  :p
I have a boring day job...so I can say that the board is always open!
2 days ago I think there was a connection problem, I almost die!!  :D

Kingston said:
I looked at the stats a couple of times and it always worried me how high up there I was on the "online" chart. I don't usually even come here on evenings, but keep the site idling away in the background at work. Looks like it adds up.

Butterylicious said:
Turns out it was just a bunch of coils of wire wrapped around some sorta metallic core.

haha!  :D

Same here.  I'm way up on that online list but I spend very little time on the board.

I have it idling at work and on my iPhone.

Mike

Until my eyes dry out and cry for relief.
Since I'm on the US west coast you can tell that things have quieted down for the day and it's mostly just catching up.
Some days there are more interesting topics than others...
I've learned a LOT.

Well, it's about 1:30 am now. But as was previously mentioned, this isn't the problem.

The problem starts when I come across a post by CJ or Keef or PRR or Rodabod or Dale or Gus or or or or... You know the kind of post I mean...  The ones that send you strait down the interwebs rabbit hole from which there is no return until you've parsed every word of said post.

The next day I'm always a mess.  But I'm a litlle more equiped for my life  as an audio professional. This site reminds mr how much I still have to learn, even after 20 years in this business. That's what keeps me up late.

The most dangerous is when you have a couple of pints on the way back from working, and then have a quick look to see what's new. And then maybe pour a nice nightcap of a single malt.... just asking for trouble. :eek:

zebra50 said:
The most dangerous is when you have a couple of pints on the way back from working, and then have a quick look to see what's new. And then maybe pour a nice nightcap of a single malt.... just asking for trouble. :eek:

Alcohol and audio mixed with cloning and the old set standard in audio electronics. I took a long break still on break actually.

Back