G7 Finished! Body by IKEA

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad

Took me a month from start to finish, great project.
I used Seimens EF86 Tubes, Lundahl 1538XL xformer, Wima caps Peluso Capsule.
The body is a table leg, the outer grill is a paper tray and the inner grill is flywire - all from or Swedish friends at IKEA. Cost me $20 each  :D
Thanks to Jakob and everyone who helped out.
The mic sounds awesome

34527_439922174273_510559273_5813210_1719658_n.jpg

34527_439922159273_510559273_5813207_8284837_n.jpg

Chad said:
snipsnip said:
Cool - how did you mount the capsule if you dont mind me asking?

I ordered the mounts with the capsule, cut out a circle of thick plastic and screwed it on.
Nice ......
Now thats Serious
[size=10pt]DIY    DIY     DIY     DIY[/size]

:)

Well done !

A member "Hasse" (from sweden) made one from an exhaust pipe (I think a Toyota ?)

I've made a stereo Alice body from a copper pipe. Outer mesh is aluminum reinforcement
from Plastic Padding, inner mesh an old tea-strainer (if that's the correct word ?) bought second hand.

I've built a Mutron Phazer into a frying pan, and a stereo-amp into an old saucepan.

MrZpliff said:
:)

Well done !

A member "Hasse" (from sweden) made one from an exhaust pipe (I think a Toyota ?)

I've made a stereo Alice body from a copper pipe. Outer mesh is aluminum reinforcement
from Plastic Padding, inner mesh an old tea-strainer (if that's the correct word ?) bought second hand.

I've built a Mutron Phazer into a frying pan, and a stereo-amp into an old saucepan.

Thats amazing!

Pics???

nice job. its good to see someone DIY ing the mic body. saves mucho $$$.
i used a recycled copperpipe and my mesh was from a garbage basket that was being thrown away!!!
enjoy the mic

Now this is the kind of stuff that I really miss around the Lab! Very cool and original.

Oops, almost forgot...
I'll take two kits depending on the price.

Not G7s, but thought you might like to see these mics I have finished using TSB2555A capsules. Bodies from brass 50mm pipe from scrap metal yard, mesh from a cheap pencil holder, and base from a shower curtain rod holder to hold the cable socket. Bodies all handmade in my workshop with hand tools. Brass lacquered with clear lacquer to inhibit tarnishing. Sounds good on initial tests. Enjoy!

Regards,

zephyrmic

Attachments

• 2 Completed Mics.jpg
    2 Completed Mics.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 76
Back