Sontronics STC-2

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volker

I just got that mic in yesterday. I didn't even care to listen to it yet, because I merely bought it as a body donor.
But I drew out the schematic first and will give it a chance in it's original state as soon as time allows.

For that kind of price tag, it's really a very nice construction. Definitely one of the best I've seen with budget condensers.
And I was pleasantly suprised when I saw it had an output transformer.

Anyway, schematic is attached. Modification plan is to change the ceramic C1 and C2 for something nicer. Maybe the FET,
which isn't exactly an audio type... Short that highpass and the electrolytics to see what that does to the sound. Try out
one of those DC/DC converter ICs I have here sitting around, since the capsule sits at only something like 36V. A second
pcb will fit in perfectly, there is already a blank one in there with only the brand logo on it.

All right, I just wanted to share the schematic, maybe someone gets some use out of it one day. ;)

Volker

Attachments

• sontronics_stc-2.png
    sontronics_stc-2.png
    10 KB · Views: 86
Back