Juno 106 pitch bend problems

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejoerusso

My Juno 106 will pitch bend down a full octave, but only bends up less than a fifth. I've got it open to fix a voice chip and figured I might as well try to get the bend right as well.

Any advice as to where the problem may lie?

-J

thejoerusso said:
My Juno 106 will pitch bend down a full octave, but only bends up less than a fifth. I've got it open to fix a voice chip and figured I might as well try to get the bend right as well.

Any advice as to where the problem may lie?

-J

Most probably defect is in the bender board (see attached schematic).
The worst case: corresponding analog input of CPU is out of order and CPU must be replaced.

Attachments

• Juno-106 Bender Board.doc
    133.5 KB · Views: 24
OK, so I've looked at the bender more closely, and found that it is possible to get a full octave both ways by pulling the pot off the lever and turning by hand. However, when the assembly is together and the pot is centered on the lever, i don't get the full range. (In other words, having centered the pot with the lever, up and down are now similar, but the range is not large enough.) At the wiper, it's roughly +/- 10 volts. I'm wondering if the pot was changed and this is my problem?

Anyone know what the correct value pot is?

Cheers,
Joe

thejoerusso said:
OK, so I've looked at the bender more closely, and found that it is possible to get a full octave both ways by pulling the pot off the lever and turning by hand. However, when the assembly is together and the pot is centered on the lever, i don't get the full range. (In other words, having centered the pot with the lever, up and down are now similar, but the range is not large enough.) At the wiper, it's roughly +/- 10 volts. I'm wondering if the pot was changed and this is my problem?

Anyone know what the correct value pot is?

Cheers,
Joe

Manufcturer does not inform about potentiometer value and type.
It is need to order PB-9 bender unit (Roland p/n 23275751).

Unfortunately Roland doesn't have it or any info...

If I move to wiper wire to the + or - side i get the full octave. But the pot doesn't actually reach it's full mechanical range of motion in the bender assembly.

I'm thinking this was a custom pot that was replaced by someone with the wrong thing. Ughhhh...

Back