Mesa Boogie V-Twin only works in bypass - HELP!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Soul Rebel

Guys

This is a long shot, but i've discovered a problem on my Mesa Boogie V-Twin pedal. It only works in bypass mode. Could it be simply that the valves have blown (they don't look like they have?). Basically, it started day before yesterday my power supply became faulty. I tried another and it powers up fine, i.e. works in bypass mode, light switches work etc...

but nothing coming from headphone output, mixer output, 'to power amp' or 'to guitar amp'.

Any ideas?

Basically i'm getting a light hum when in overdrive mode, and very light 'bump' when I switch back to bypass mode. It doesn't somehow seem terminal, but i've opened it up. There are no fuses inside at all.

Any thought would really be welcome as i'm mid way through selling this little blighter on ebay!

Matt

...power supply became faulty. I tried another and it powers up fine...

First, I'd double check that the new supply is of the same voltage and current rating. Sometimes the wrong supply will turn the lights on, but not have enough juice to power the rest. Tube circuits draw a bit more current than most 'normal' stompboxes.

Grrrrrr.....

I've just realised that RS Supplies have sold me a DC adapter. it needs to be AC! This'll be it right?

Bastards.

Matt

Latest posts

Back