recomend or any one have any solid punchy electronic kick n snr sounds?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 10827

Hi Guys,

Im looking for some solid punchy kick and snr electronic drum sounds/samples,

any one recommend any thing or have any thing?

ive been listening to JUSTICE, CROSS, some fat sounds in there!

pete

Roland tr-707 for that kind of "french touch"!

I've got the Roland MKS-7 wich a tr-707 with 3 Juno 106, I'm must say that bassdrums and snares are huge!

cheers.
Jr.

Hey Jr,

that's great, i must have some 707 samples some where, great, sounds like a good place to start.

do you have the album Cross by Justice? if so check trks 8 n 9, superb kik n snr, well they are all good but those i love!

off to re-create!

cheers!

Pete

Get all the goldbaby packs.... www.goldbaby.nz

They are seriously hotshit. Layer them, tune them to the track and process them with fat outboard and you will be laughing.

MUST HAVES.

-T

Pete, MPC60 Vinyl pack contains the hottest snare sample ever!

They need processing in the mix but they are bigger and badder than any other library at that point.

-T

Linndrum - Awesome Snare & hihats. My fav Drum machine - Very Justice.
Oberheim DMX / DX - A cracker!
SCI Drumtraks- A bit more wooly than the Linn & DMX, but still a cracker.
SCI TOM - Very Justice.
Emu Drumulator - A little boxy, but very cutting.

Basically, all the 8 bits.

TR-707's are cool.. great to mod with the pitch bend mods. The snare is too high up for my taste, so de-tuning it down a few semi's is great.

Regards
Mike
(Drum machine / Synth whore)

ohh not heard of these either, i bet they are worth it but a bit too much wonga for me right now..

cool!

do you have the album Cross by Justice? if so check trks 8 n 9, superb kik n snr, well they are all good but those i love!
I don't but I'll check that.

what I've made is to sample all the drumbox I could find (drumtracks, 909, 808, roland cr78, etc...) into my Akai S950.
Dude I love this machine, the secret is to distord the recording a little bit...this is punchy, warm and it does something in the mid, I don't know what but I'm in love with this effect on almost every drumkit I have!!!

had an s950 here for a bit which I sold for a friend. Definitely a cool sound in the adc and sampling. That's why I like the goldbaby samples...well captured to tape and then into things like mpc60s etc to get that thing.

-T

Another vote for the Goldbaby samples, really good useable sounds. The guy who makes them [Hugo] is very responsive and helpful too. I had a problem with one set due to a software glitch, and he was very quick to helpout.

Layering is your friend too...

AG

Back