Ten70Three 500 preview (1073)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djn111

Hi,

Could not wait any longer to give some people a preview in double size 500 format  :)

front_ten70three_overview.jpg

DJN

Hi,

Yup, the connection board with the last bit of the 283 including a real 2n3005 is done but not on this picture.

DJN

Hi,

Yes full EQ (+10k so it is more a ten78), amplifier Elma for the attenuator, there is no way around that checked the Chineese blue ones but with this amount of effort no way. The switch is integrated on the pcb so no wiring of the switch. 3x Grayhill, 4x Alps, EQU, Phase, HI/LO and 48V phantom. so all is in, mic in, line in, balanced out, unbalanced out, link. So you can hook up a fader too, or make a bcmten style mixer (my goal). And maybe I put the Q switch in as well.

DJN

Absolutely nice, I very liked the idea to move Elma switch to PCB.
Very well thought out design.

Just a short question. Am I missed ground plane or PCB's are 3 or 4-layers?
Interested in test results, how it came out, very high density of components/traces.
The amp stages are located at another PCB, right?
Very nice job. What software are you using?

Hi Igor,

Software sprint layout, so manual routing.

Ground plane is switched off, not visible.

The front one I can get away with dual layer (3mm), the second one is designed two layer, but probably evolves to 4 layer (2,5mm)

The front pcb holds all the filters including the two amps (2/3 284).

The second behind that the two input transformers, the two inductors and the two input amps (1/3 284, 1/2 283)

The two connector pcbs the rest, DC-DC converter, 1/2 283 etc.

Before any body jumps to parts, lets wait till testing, by the looks of it after this weekend check and double, quadruple check I am going to order some test pcbs.

DJN

djn111 said:
Hi Igor,

Software sprint layout, so manual routing.

DJN

That's impressive!!!!

After some thinking, I definitely want at least one in my 51x rack!
Is this possible to get a rid of DC/DC converter by use +24 power supply rail on 51X?

Hi, Igor yes that will be possible, I don't need the DC-DC for my goal.

By the way did you receive my mail about the 2254 ?

But for other people it might be handy.

DJN

Back