MNats 1176 Rev J BOM.... Use Gyraff BOM? Mouser said there were missing values

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shorty

Ok, so a LONG time ago... last year? I bought a pair of MNats 1176 Rev J's PCBs

I don't see a BOM specific to the Rev J.... am I supposed to use the Gyraff BOM??

I sent the Gyraff BOM to mouser and they responded saying something about a bunch of values were missing.

This will be my first build and I really wanna get crackin on it now that I have the funds and time....

Is there a solid BOM somewhere for MNats 1176 Rev J ??? Just need confirmation on which to use so I can get this crackin :) Thanx!!

hi shorty,
i'll help you, but you have to promise to help yourself.  we like to say "do-it-yourself" means exactly that 'round these parts.  ;)  so do a little searching and you'll find so much info especially with specific project related stuff.

here's your answer (which took only 10 seconds to find on the mnats white market page):

Rev.J Info (http://mnats.net/1176_H_info.html) and the BOM (http://mnats.net/1176_bom.html)

have fun and good luck on your build!  remember to take your time and triple check.  rarely do things work the first time so please have some patience and enjoy your efforts.
kindest regards,
grant

"
i'll help you, but you have to promise to help yourself. 
we like to say "do-it-yourself" means exactly that 'round these parts.   
so do a little searching and you'll find so much info especially with specific project related stuff.

here's your answer (which took only 10 seconds to find on the mnats white market page):
"

OUCH!! LOL..... yeah, that's the BOM that I sent to Mouser and they said it was missing values they needed to fill the order.

Sorry... I seemed to remember that as the BOM from Gyraffs website for the old G1176....
But you are correct, found here.... http://mnats.net/1176_bom.html

That is what I sent.... I'll get on the horn with them.... and re-submit it.

Maybe they were looking for specific cap/resistor/etc values to be on each line item in the BOM

You know, lots of voltages NOT shown on each cap, W NOT shown on each resistor, etc...
I know the notes specify at the bottom....

I'll call em.

Thanx, just meant to clarify.
Was digging through my old stuff and had that BOM named under Gyraff.... Sorry MNATS :)

Ooooh, one more Q
Item 38 of the BOM

Does that mean that ONLY R* and R*1 are 12k, or is that all 13 if using Lundahl in????????

And here's a project I'm just finishing now....

Attachments

• M3500 DUAL WITH SURFACE 1.jpg
    M3500 DUAL WITH SURFACE 1.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 70
90% finished, little more metal work to do and one more component to embed in the board,
and add 4 more Subrgoup switches to each channel and she's done.

As it is right now it is esentially a 56 channel, dual 8 bus, 6 aux...

Each channel has 4 bus switches, so the left board goes to the left 8 buses, and the right to the right 8 buses.
I need to add 4 more switches to each channel so that it is a true 16 bus and any channel can be sent to any bus.

I didn't need more than 6 aux, so I tied em all to the left 6 aux.
I would have gone with 12, but there really just isn't the realestate in that area to accomodate the remaining pots on each channel.

Dual masters, not that it was needed, but it's handy, as one feeds the amp supplying the lounge with realtime feed :)

Being I am leaving both masters intact, this gives me 4 monitor selections.

Dual, independant power supplies... 8 RACK SPACES.... beefed up too :) hahahaaaaa

Attachments

• 3700 3500 small.jpg
    3700 3500 small.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 48
hi shorty,
ouch is right! ;D  get with the program and do yourself a favor and finish this project promptly.
(hope you didn't take offense at my little jab, i only meant well).

Shorty said:
Maybe they were looking for specific cap/resistor/etc values to be on each line item in the BOM

You know, lots of voltages NOT shown on each cap, W NOT shown on each resistor, etc...
I know the notes specify at the bottom....

the reason there aren't any specific voltages on the film and ceramic caps is that for the most part all modern equivalents will be minimum 50VDC working voltage which is within the rating for the project, thus just about anything with the proper value will work.  the 'lytics will need to be voltage specific as they will see voltages specific for the part of the circuit they are in (e.g. 50V in the unregulated part of the PSU which will see higher raw rectified voltage).

Shorty said:
Ooooh, one more Q
Item 38 of the BOM
Does that mean that ONLY R* and R*1 are 12k, or is that all 13 if using Lundahl in????????

means, only 11 resistors needed if not using the lundahls and 13 if using the lundahls.  you should note mnats 12K mention over the older 10K requirements placed in the Gyraf BOM by Jakob originally.
so i guess this means, 11 of the 10K and 2 of the 12K resistors. 

Hi,
I was under the impression that I can use the Hairball Rev F style transformers with the Rev J boards if I want, but then I just noticed the wording on the Rev J BOM page, which indicates that the transistors are also different. (USA vs European designation) 
Is this a critical change either way, or will the Rev J board with standard BOM (ie. 'European' designation) transistors work just the same with the Hairball transformers?
THANKS!
Evan.

Hi there, folks.
Just wanted to re-ask (and perhaps be a bit more specific about my question) here, re. transistor choice:

Can I just order the pre-filled MOUSER cart BOM from the Hairball site (specifying the USA designation transistors) and use those on the Rev J boards?

Or are the legs arrangements different etc?
- I noticed essentially all the other parts between the Rev F & Rev J are identical, including the part numbering system on the BOM, so I'm assuming the transistors (being the only difference from one BOM to the other) are exact drop-in equivalents?

Ordering this way would save me sourcing the BC and BD type transistors separately, from I don't know where.. 

If anyone can offer advice on whether this is OK / advisable or not, that'd be much appreciated!

Cheers!
Evan.

Just to answer my own question (once again)..
..(in case anyone else is wondering the same thing)..

There are a few different values between the UREI / Hairball Rev F and the MNATS Rev J (UREI Rev H/K) boards.
It's only a few resistors and cap's, but there are a few differences.

My post here outlines the differences in components, shown in a table to compare easily:
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=33834.msg717675#msg717675

Latest posts

Back