Needed a Mic, Builded a Mic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed this thread,
great job !

You say you epoxy'd the grill in place.
How do you ensure good electrical contact between body and grill.

ward said:
I missed this thread,
great job !

You say you epoxy'd the grill in place.
How do you ensure good electrical contact between body and grill.

Everything is in contact, the grills are tightly in place, upper grill also, and the basket is tightly inserted on the body, don't even need a screw, but it's easy to take apart, no force....
The mic is dead quiet.

Super beautiful amazing look... wow.  Honestly, how much for one??? J/k... but man oh man is it pretty.  But really how much for one body?    ;D

great "hand job"
:D  :p

Thanks for the kind words, unfortunatly this is not a kit and for obvious reasons, even if i' would have loved to be a kit, if you want quality it has a price, and since we want both then in this world it's just not doable unless your asking for thousands of....
There are other options out there, cheap or expensive, this was only a proto, wich i use and i'll use to fuss around with different circuits, my final idea was a little different than this one, and i wanted the internal nylon disc to be more curved like the Thiersch 7.1 holder you can see on Thiersch.com a little like the CAD you've showed the guts Mista min, but you need CNC machinery to make it nice, you need brass inserts as well to tighten to the body, one or 2 screws is enough etc... crazy ideas that were making this mic too expensive to build  :D :D ;D

supurb DIY talent around here , Nice Tony

Funny , I never hear anyone talking about Beezneez mic body parts and kits.
FYI , for those who do not have a lathe handy , Beezneez sells all the bottom
bells , shells and head grilles, and specialty resistors like 60M, 1G, and 2G ohm ones.

In fact , I'm waiting on the Beezneez K7 to show up soon. The Thiersch M7 are
well worth the cost. Now where to find a CK12 , almost forgot , I want to hear a
Tim Campbell's CK12 sometime. I have not come accross any sound clips on Tim's
CK12's , but would like to hear a take or two.

Thanks Franck, well most of the compliments goes to my friend who helped me on this one, I did the drawings, the PSU handle Attachements, the Nylon and the stands, and the grill of course, but without all the rest, all of my parts were useless haha...

Wow, she is an absolute beauty!
Now I am a bit embarrassed about posting pictures of my IKEA-design G7. :-[

Good work!
Henrik

Bonke said:
Wow, she is an absolute beauty!
Now I am a bit embarrassed about posting pictures of my IKEA-design G7. :-[

Good work!
Henrik
:eek: You shouldn't, this post was not made for embarrasing people, like said it was a proto made on serious tools, not CNC, but still a pro lathe and Mill, my hats off to people who do with what they have around, that's DIY, i'm actually thinking of doing some othern Mic bodys DIY style, means tube / dremel and grill etc..., i have the brass grills, tube maybe....anyway nice job on your side as well  8) :)

Latest posts

Back