BOM for Kingston/Moby generic tube microphone passive PSU?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the knob from that list doesn't actually fit the pot very well. So I removed it for the time being / not essential.

Bri reports that some of the caps are very close together/touching when using the group buy PCB if that's a problem.

kato said:
Bri reports that some of the caps are very close together/touching when using the group buy PCB if that's a problem.

When using the wrong sized (too large) parts, yes they will be. Measure the standard part sizes from the PCB, diameter and lead size. Both digikey and mouser and pretty much all the standard electronics stores have the correct sizes available.

Kingston said:
When using the wrong sized (too large) parts, yes they will be. Measure the standard part sizes from the PCB, diameter and lead size. Both digikey and mouser and pretty much all the standard electronics stores have the correct sizes available.

Three parts have alternate "Group Buy PCB" options. Those are only specified for people who don't like lead bending and want their caps to sit flat on the PCB. I personally don't care, but some people do. Those non-standard options are only necessary because of "non-standard" lead spacing on the PCB.

I would recommend that everyone get the standard sizes, and just bend the leads.
But if you don't want to, and don't mind a tight fit, a "Group Buy PCB" option is available.

Probably needless to say, but if you etch a board from the copper layer on that page, you'll use the parts listed as my first choice and not the group buy ones.

kato said:
you gross me out Kingston

What's this about now? I was just stating the obvious, that might not be perfectly clear to a beginner. I mean it's easy to find the correct sizes on mouser and digikey, usually just typing them directly in the search field. Was that wiki written by you? Great work, and great job improving the PCB.

Also, did you just send me this weird mail? "you seem like you're looking for a fight, Why don't you give me a call so we can talk this out"

???

Are you perhaps confusing me with someone else?

Plenty of space on board using standard parts:

content

Nice, got to finish mine, btw thanks for the BOM  ;D, i forgot to mention that it was made from you when i posted, i just kept the link and forgot who posted it  ::)...

Latest posts

Back