Anyone ever used futerlec.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, plenty.

Cheap prices, cheap parts, slowest delivery in the business.
If you're not in a hurry and know exactly what to expect from what you're ordering, then they're fine.

I ordered a bunch of switches and knobs and dip sockets. I sent out the order knowing it might take awhile, (I've ordered stuff from that part of the world before). So I waited, then waited even longer, till I got worried that maybe they didn't send it out. I wrote them an email just to ease my curiosity and about a 4 days later they wrote me back confirming the order was shipped. Then waited longer, I waited until till I forgot I was even waiting and at some point got a package in the mail....whats this?? Oh yea!
Decent parts, Great prices. All in all worth the wait for a project your have in your (distant)future, or back burner. I think I seriously waited about 2 months....
AC

My last small order (some connectors and ICs) came in less than a week.  There must have been some kind of mistake ;-)
Best,
Bruno2000

i think it depends if they ship from their storage facility in Thailand or not. I´ve waited for more than 2 month. But best place for pots.

Best thing to do is send them a follow up email a few days after you place your order. You'll either be informed that they're waiting on a particular part, or it will be shipped a day or so after the email.

Many of my projects use parts from these guys.  It's like everyone else says, cheap if you don't mind the wait.

I ordered a refill of a resistors and WIMA caps about a month and half ago and it arrived last week.   

Some parts seem like they have been sitting in a warehouse without descent temp/humidity control for a bit too long because some leads esp 1/4 watt R and a few non-typical polyester film value caps are a little discolored; but functional.   

Typically I stay away from ordering any electrolytic caps because after ordering a small sample of nearly all they offered I received the "elite" and "elna" brands, mostly 85degree types.    All of the Elna 470uF caps were solid and still in use in some of the many JLM power stations that I built (I just get the PSU PCB only) and other PCBs after 5 years; but I have made more than a few vent and die but due to my construction errors.

cheers~
J

Never ordered parts from them, but I've gotten several helpings of circuit boards. Like everybody else says, they're slow but cheap. The boards, however, were quite well-made. Make sure they understand what the order is; the person who communicates with you via e-mail sometimes gets confused.

Peace,
Paul

Good for cheap non-critical parts. Some of their wimas are fakes. Occasionally the wrong parts arrive. They will substitute willy nilly with different spec-ed parts. Sometimes the envelopes arrive from Australia, sometimes from Thailand. There will usually be a mystery, separate charge on your credit card for 1% of your order with no explanation. All said, you get what you pay for. You will like them if you keep your expectations low...

I've used their PCB fab service - as slow as a wet week, but the results were fine and cheap enough - but you don't get all the trimmings (soldermask, component ref silkscreen) at no extra charge like you do with the Chinese boardhouses.
M

Back