loopermc5

Anyone ever used futerlec.com
« on: July 22, 2010, 11:58:57 PM »
Anyone ever used them? Just wondering before I get some stuff from them.

Thanks

andrew_k

Re: Anyone ever used futerlec.com
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 02:41:53 AM »
Yes, plenty.

Cheap prices, cheap parts, slowest delivery in the business.
If you're not in a hurry and know exactly what to expect from what you're ordering, then they're fine.

shabtek

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 07:01:01 AM »
yep.
cheap and slow
"really fine players do not use stomp boxes or master volume, they match the amp to the room and turn it up to 11.  Stevie Ray, BB King, Albert King, Duane Allman, Dicky Betts, Louis Armstrong"
   -CJ

abechap024

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 02:45:52 PM »
I ordered a bunch of switches and knobs and dip sockets. I sent out the order knowing it might take awhile, (I've ordered stuff from that part of the world before). So I waited, then waited even longer, till I got worried that maybe they didn't send it out. I wrote them an email just to ease my curiosity and about a 4 days later they wrote me back confirming the order was shipped. Then waited longer, I waited until till I forgot I was even waiting and at some point got a package in the mail....whats this?? Oh yea!
Decent parts, Great prices. All in all worth the wait for a project your have in your (distant)future, or back burner. I think I seriously waited about 2 months....
AC
AC Sound - some DIY circuitboards

bruno2000

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 04:14:14 PM »
My last small order (some connectors and ICs) came in less than a week.  There must have been some kind of mistake ;-)
Best,
Bruno2000

joshco

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 05:43:48 PM »
i think it depends if they ship from their storage facility in Thailand or not. I´ve waited for more than 2 month. But best place for pots.

Salocin

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 11:22:42 PM »
Best thing to do is send them a follow up email a few days after you place your order. You'll either be informed that they're waiting on a particular part, or it will be shipped a day or so after the email.

indigom

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 04:31:44 PM »
Many of my projects use parts from these guys.   It's like everyone else says, cheap if you don't mind the wait.

I ordered a refill of a resistors and WIMA caps about a month and half ago and it arrived last week.   

Some parts seem like they have been sitting in a warehouse without descent temp/humidity control for a bit too long because some leads esp 1/4 watt R and a few non-typical polyester film value caps are a little discolored; but functional.     

Typically I stay away from ordering any electrolytic caps because after ordering a small sample of nearly all they offered I received the "elite" and "elna" brands, mostly 85degree types.    All of the Elna 470uF caps were solid and still in use in some of the many JLM power stations that I built (I just get the PSU PCB only) and other PCBs after 5 years; but I have made more than a few vent and die but due to my construction errors.

cheers~
J

pstamler

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 05:01:35 PM »
Never ordered parts from them, but I've gotten several helpings of circuit boards. Like everybody else says, they're slow but cheap. The boards, however, were quite well-made. Make sure they understand what the order is; the person who communicates with you via e-mail sometimes gets confused.

Peace,
Paul

kato

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 06:50:45 PM »

Good for cheap non-critical parts. Some of their wimas are fakes. Occasionally the wrong parts arrive. They will substitute willy nilly with different spec-ed parts. Sometimes the envelopes arrive from Australia, sometimes from Thailand. There will usually be a mystery, separate charge on your credit card for 1% of your order with no explanation. All said, you get what you pay for. You will like them if you keep your expectations low...

mobyd

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 07:33:55 PM »
I've used their PCB fab service - as slow as a wet week, but the results were fine and cheap enough - but you don't get all the trimmings (soldermask, component ref silkscreen) at no extra charge like you do with the Chinese boardhouses.
M