DIY builds in practice - Show us yr rack!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazazone

I've just finished updating my studio, I'll post a pic soon.  There's something cool I have noticed after doing massive maintenance/upgrades.  A lot of my most useful studio outboard gear is all stuff I've built myself over the years with the help of everyone here on Prodigy forum.  Thanks everyone.  I thought it would be cool for this thread to be a diy rack show off page to see everyones hard work in action along side their brand name factory friends in a studio environment.  Whether it be full pro or home studio, post a proud pic and description of what diy you actually use in yr rack/setup.
Cheers  :eek:

Not a complete DIY rack and GSSL/9K/Green pre are missing from this pic
Includes Pico Comp/1176/D-AOC 3 x Cloud Compressors and a TLA 5021
The UA's low down are front plates yet to have "guts" fitted !!
The Behringer is an Ultralink pro line mixer, which is very useful and works fine.
Several Comps are patched through this for easy "mix switching" without a patchbay
from my DAW outputs

117755261.jpg

Dazazone said:
I've just finished updating my studio, I'll post a pic soon.  There's something cool I have noticed after doing massive maintenance/upgrades.  A lot of my most useful studio outboard gear is all stuff I've built myself over the years with the help of everyone here on Prodigy forum.  Thanks everyone.  I thought it would be cool for this thread to be a diy rack show off page to see everyones hard work in action along side their brand name factory friends in a studio environment.  Whether it be full pro or home studio, post a proud pic and description of what diy you actually use in yr rack/setup.
Cheers  :eek:
yeah you can post some pic :))

Here's one from a recent remote recording -not the home studio but lots of homebrew - racked pairs of Neve3126 (with full Class A 283/LO1166 output stage added) Audix 35102(with Class A DOA/Sowter output stage added) and Siemens 276 mic pre's - the '2x4' on the right side is 8x MAP AM27 mic preamps, 4 running original MAP opamps at +/-16v and 4 running John Hardy 990's at +/-24v, all with 24 position ELMA switches for gain.  The 1272 also has ELMA's and is heavily tricked out -

Other pre is a Bryston 2 channel - fully balanced throughout with Reichenbach xformers and discrete opamps....it's perfection!

8 channel soundskulptor STS
stereo silent:arts dla2a
8 channel mitsos API 312
2 dripelectronics REDD 47 preamps

right rack:
missing Mixbuzz1 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/36524125@N06/6200896121/)
missing dual 1176 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/36524125@N06/5157644592/ bottom)
two coyacosta pultecs eqp1
two drip electronics altecs 436c

I'm now filling another pair of racks :)

Oh yes, and one more thing.. the racks are obviousy DIY too (Middle Atlantic rails)

Here's my temporary mix setup - just designing the desk now.

Very happy with the sound, been building the room over the last 3 years on and off.  Super dampened,

It's in the attic but well isolated from the 2nd floor (floor is carpet/pad over 2 layers of 5/8" OSB green-glued and floating on a layer of 1" 705 fiberglass...and 2nd floor ceiling is strapped and stuffed with Roxul with 5/8" drywall on the underside of the floor between the joists)  All walls are double-drywalled/green-glued and kneewalls are lined with Roxul as well. 

Here's my home mixing/mastering rig
New-Rack-Photo.jpg

Presonus Central Station,
DBX 386
Behringer Edison
Stereo Pico Compressor
Igor's Sontec
Audiox's Studer 169
Patchbays
8ch Summing
Demeter Tube Direct Box
4xPeterc's 5003 EQs
Ruckus' SB4001
Digi192

The rest of my builds are at studios, I need to grab a pick of my compressor rack, six 1176s ;P

benlindell said:
Here's my home mixing/mastering rig
New-Rack-Photo.jpg

Presonus Central Station,
DBX 386
Behringer Edison
Stereo Pico Compressor
Igor's Sontec
Audiox's Studer 169
Patchbays
8ch Summing
Demeter Tube Direct Box
4xPeterc's 5003 EQs
Ruckus' SB4001
Digi192

The rest of my builds are at studios, I need to grab a pick of my compressor rack, six 1176s ;P

6 1176 woow shocked...put some pics from that one...

Back