Feeler: ez760 - Compressor/Limiter/Expander/Gate

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slenderchap said:
Just make it unbalanced.... the original units are mostly unbalanced.

Almost all the parts are either "off the shelf" or can be substituted by off the shelf parts.
If originals were unbalanced, why not :)
My biggest concern is the 2N3820 p-channel fet for which I don't have any equivalents and don't know a cheap european source for it. 
I checked the parts required for this project more closely and it seems I have most of the parts already if I use BC560B instead of BC212B and BC550B instead of BC182B.
Probably in for 2 boards, unsure about cases, but considering them if wallet permits.

hey colin, good to see the project approaching fruition!

i'm down for a 2 channels of PCBs (with metalwork, depending on price & shipping to australia etc...)

Im counting about 55 boardsets on this thread.

The factory is closed till august 16th, and Ill have to make sure everyone has what they already ordered before I do these. Ill start up 100 sets, and you can expect them to be done late august latest.

The prices I posted here will hold up.

1 set 50 euro shipped.
2 sets 90 euro shipped.
40 euro for each additional set up till 5.
I dont see why anyone would need more than 5, but if you do - mail me.

Gustav

lsskmki said:
My biggest concern is the 2N3820 p-channel fet for which I don't have any equivalents and don't know a cheap european source for it. 

Farnell is usually the best starting point for semiconductors;
http://uk.farnell.com/fairchild-semiconductor/2n3820/transistor-jfet-p-to-92/dp/1467937

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Thanks. Such a pity Farnell only sells to businesses not indviduals.
My local electronics store can order from there for me, but then prices aren't too cheap anymore.
If anyone orders or has ordered some extras of 2N3820, please let me know, I would be interested in a few:)

EDIT: Btw, Rapid also has those Fets, but not currently in stock.

Thanks. Such a pity Farnell only sells to businesses not indviduals.

Not true, sells to individuals, at least in my case, you will only get a fixed shipping charge of 12 euros, and no catalog, but who cares, lets keep most of the papers in the computer  :)

Perhaps that depends on the country one lives in. I live in Finland and can't order direct. Btw, 12euros shipping is not bad at all, Rapid takes 30euros  :eek:

haima: true, will add it :)

lsskmki said:
If originals were unbalanced, why not :)
I checked the parts required for this project more closely and it seems I have most of the parts already if I use BC560B instead of BC212B and BC550B instead of BC182B.
Probably in for 2 boards, unsure about cases, but considering them if wallet permits.

Loads on evilbay and from reputable sellers.
Chris

Yes, giving them a call would probably be a good idea. Now it seems there are various sources for the FET, thanks for your help :) No worries sourcing parts for this project  :D
Should have looked around more carefully instead of just checking that my regular sources don't have it...

I had access to the production line yesterday and today, so I got up to speed on the other types I was behind on and loaded these into the drill-machines. Theyll be ready to ship in a week or two depending on when a day opens up again.

I started 40 panels (80 frames) and have 10 reserved for Colin..

Gustav

Hi everyone,

I've now started taking orders for the metalwork here http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=35422.msg500579#msg500579 , with details about pricing and such - sorry about the duplicity, but please let me know via email, PM or by posting in the thread to confirm your orders..

Thanks!
Dan

...and, here's what the panel designs will look like
ez760_1U-dD-rev5.jpg

Thanks,
Dan

Latest posts

Back