a liitle off topic..web hosting

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raysolinski

Hey folks,
My web host is retiring (he was a one man operation) so I need to find a new one...google brings up a million choices so I thought I would ask if anyone here has experience with a host they like or one's the specifically did not...nothing fancy but reliable, honest ...etc..

thanks,
Ray

this is probably so popular its almost cliche but, I have had good results with godaddy. they have reasonable prices...but then again its the only company I've had experience with.
(This sounds like Brewery Talk! ;) ;) ;))

1&1.com                    pretty serious larger operation.. based in PA I think with international affiliations.
webhostfreaks.com      smaller but still solid crew.  based in FL

JR

Nexlynx.com hosts our site and FTP.  Really sharp guy, (my cousin), Lee Ryan.

;D

We use Media Temple for all of our and our clients hosting. It runs $200 a year for the Grid Server, which is more than some of it's competitors, but I find the reliability and customer support to be well worth it. We went through quite a few hosting providers before settling on Media Temple, including several of those mentioned here.

Hi,
          I would suggest http://www.thewebpole.com/website-hosting/ , they provide fast, secure and cost effective services, along with multiple hosting plan, 24/7 Email, Phone & Web Support!! I've been with them for a few years now, and they are really good and trustworthy!!! Hope this helps!!

raysolinski said:
Hey folks,
My web host is retiring (he was a one man operation) so I need to find a new one...google brings up a million choices so I thought I would ask if anyone here has experience with a host they like or one's the specifically did not...nothing fancy but reliable, honest ...etc..

I've been using Dreamhost for about a year. Apart from one technical glitch which I can't recall, all's well. Web hosting, e-mail serving, WebDAV, 50 GB of backup space and even Subversion hosting (which I don't use but keep thinking it might make sense to host my repo offsite).

-a

Using Dreamhost as well. Not that I have a lot of experience with other commercial webhosts, but I'd say they are great.
Very fast response time to support tickets, great features and constant updates/upgrades, and their webpanel interface is really great.

http://neosurge.com/
can use coupon code 'xohol' for a discount.  Hosts all of my sites and has for years.  great service.
amazon has some great pay per use options.

Latest posts

Back