GDIY 51X Alliance mentioned in latest issue of Resolution Mag

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holger

GDIY Supporter
UK Resolution Mag has a 'Modular Processing Supplement' in the current issue that mainly deals with the API 500 format.
The first product line mentioned is from 'Classicapi' aka Jeff Steiger. The GDIY 51X format is described in that context.

Quote:
The product is also GroupDIY 51X Appliance compatible, this being a DIY-friendly extension of API's 500-Series rack specs
to include an 18-pin card edge connector instead of a 15-pin connector, the extra connection points being used for +/-24V
power rails to allow designers to build DIY modules requiring +24V, including Neve, Neumann, or Telefunken-style circuits.
Unquote.

Cool...

;D ;D ;D

we are getting famous  :D :D :D
where can I get a copy of it  ???

Holger, received Jeffs L-Brackets today 8)
need to recalculate the price (custom bastards wanted EUR 139,44 for "Teile f. Metallmöbel),
but will ship your twins tomorrow anyway.

Thanks for that update Holger. Always good to get the cool 51x Alliance info in print! The VP26 too.

Any way of getting a scan of that? Would be appreciated.

Volker, WTF is with customs there? Did they do the same for the 51x metal work when it came in? That is ridiculous.

jsteiger said:
Volker, WTF is with customs there? Did they do the same for the 51x metal work when it came in? That is ridiculous.
no customs for the cases from Cemal since it is inside the EU.
don't know if the customs are messing it up, or DHL declaring the package.
heck, I already have a customs ID etc, it works with DHL express but not with DHL.
my (ex)wife paid at the door and DHL even didn't gave her the DHL invoice.
now I only have the customs invoice but no proof it is paid ...
already had some nice phone calls  ::)

btw, they declared the 51x Blank Panels as something like "parts for hospital beds" ;D ;D ;D
don't know if your harmonized tariff schedule numbers differ from our taric codes, but it shouldn't

Hey alliance guys....

I think it might be cool to have a GroupDIY 51X Alliance logo on little round permanent foil stickers made.  I imagine these could be in various sizes but 3 come to mind.

- Size that might "label" a PSU
- Size that might fit in the corner of a 500 series faceplate
- Size to fit in the center of a little aluminum knob, replacing the colored center.

I could do it and give Ethan a healthy cut (I want a few of them for my builds)

Or maybe it would be a nice little thing for Ethan to sell, along with T-Shirts, for donations... if he wants.

Or maybe you guys want to do it.

In any case, I think it could promote the concept and you know... all those 500 series modules out there are 51X compliant... :)

I would need some sort of vector file  (pdf post script, drawing, illustrator etc)  file or at least the fonts used to get it done. 

bruce0 said:
I would need some sort of vector file  (pdf post script, drawing, illustrator etc)  file or at least the fonts used to get it done.

mail me to kitorder [at] 51xAudio.com and I will mail you back the illustrator file

Latest posts

Back