Midas XL42 help and Midas XL4 shematics !!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

escape74

Hello !

I'm wondering what is the components KTR 014 and KTR 015 in Midas XL42 schematics. Does somebody know it ? I think it's severals op amp but which ? If you don't have this shematics and want to have a look, send me a request by mail.

I need also Midas XL4 schematics. Can somebody help me ?

Thank you for your answer.
This forum is very informative.
Damien

Hi !

I've just found this in the operators manual of XL4 :

"The EQ is a 4 band full parametric type for which all the active circuits are housed on two ceramic
hybrids HD1 and HD2. High performance is achieved by use of laser trimmed precision
resistors and surface mount components. HD1 has the treble and hi mid equaliser, and HD2 has
the lo mid and bass."

So KTR014 and KTR015 are the same in XL42. What does it mean "ceramic hybrids" ? What is this ? Where can i find something similar ?

Thank you for yours answers !
Bye
Damien

I just sold some XL4 mono channel strips. I've attached a photo. The ceramic parts are the white daughter boards sticking up from the main board. They're just small PCBs made of ceramic instead of fibreglass, with lots of SMD components on them. Sorry, I don't have schematics.

I wouldn't attempt to clone this. It's way too complicated. XL3 channel strips (XL301 is the mono channel strip) are a lot simpler, still have nice EQ, and are cheap to buy used.

Attachments

• XL401_x3_top.jpg
    XL401_x3_top.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 172
Thank you for your quick answer John !
That's what i was thinking, it's to hard to reproduce this comonents... :p

Do you have schematics of XL3 please ?
Do you still have XL401 for sale ?
Could you send me your pictures in higher definition to this mail ? (damien.bauer (at) wanadoo.fr)

ManyThanks
Damien

Unfortunately I don't have schematics for the XL301 either. That is a lot simpler though, and reverse engineering one wouldn't be an unrealistic proposition IMO.
I sold all my XL401s (and XL301s) a couple of days ago.
I've emailed a higher res copy of the XL401 photo.

Is anyone selling some Midas Xl301 or XL304 Strips? Or does anybody know a source?

Woule be interestet to buy some!

pm me!

regards,
Wolfgang

Latest posts

Back