Good vibes competition - winners announced - check page 4

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruairioflaherty

Hi all,

Winners announced on page 4!

Cheers,
Ruairi

Hi all,

I'd been thinking about this for the last week but an extraordinary act of generosity today by a former forum member kicked me into gear. We all know this is an incredible place full of great people with the very very occasional ahole, so in an effort to counter some bad vibes around here caused by Mr. Hinson and the like I'd like to offer a little raffle for those who've been let down.

Edit - changed the rules midstream -

The rules are easy - if you've been let down/scammed by a seller on this forum just add your name here and we'll do a raffle on 25/08/10.  No need to go into the gory details of your let down or prove it, I'll take your word for it.  This is not for general entry, only those who've been disappointed.

I've already picked the winning number and will PM to SSLtech in the next few mins.

The prize is a DIY 1176 "kit" of sorts, suitable for Rev D builds -

- Mnats Rev D pcb set (actually given to me by the very cool M.Natsume a few years back)
- Original Modutec VU meter and bezel (as sold on here by David Ollard)
- Original UTC O-12 input transformer (NOS)
- Rev D 600 ohm input attenuator - the type sold by Hairball (the brand escapes me now)

This should get the winner started on a nice 1176 build! Pic to follow, gotta go digging.

Best of luck.

Cheers,
Ruairi

blink.gif
thumbsupup.gif

And the winner is................ ;D

Damn... Ruari, you are a VERY generous dude!

Of course I already knew that... About 20 years ago I worked with a 'chart' act who went in to the Guinness book of records for having a singles chart entry every month for a year... -I was involved with six of those singles, but Ruari very selflessly sent me the full set of twelve... which I still mean to have framed.

I think Ruari might just win my vote for most generous dude on the fora.

Top man Ruari!

-So...

Do as the man said, -if you've been stiffed, pick a number and form a line.

Keith

Well done chaps!

SSLtech said:
...a singles chart entry every month for a year...

"1992: Indie band The Wedding Present release one hit record each month through the year, equalling Elvis's 1957 record of 12 hit singles in a year."

I had to google that one, Keith. An excellent band!
And a wonderful offer from Ruari. Let the DIY good karma abound.

Hi all,

Well's it's no bloody good if nobody enters  ;D

Incidentally The Wedding Present are playing a gig nearby soon, they're playing Bizzaro in full.  Should be a cracker.

Cheers,
Ruairi

Hi,

Ruairi, what a Dude!

Nice one!

Kindest regards,

ANdyP

ps. My experience here has been SO cool. No-one has scammed me. Not one bit. Never. Quite the opposite, in fact. You are all a bunch of gentlefolk. Long may you reign!

pps. Can someone PLEASE scam me, so I can join in@  ;D ;D ;D (only kiddin')

Damn...

Somebody stiff me, so I can enter!

;D

Re: the Wedding Present... They recorded all the singles in groups of three; four sessions throughout the year. I engineered on the first session (with Ian Broudie; taking over from Cenzo Townsend) and then they booked back in with Jimmy Miller for the second group of three, I was on full-time tech support for the session (Wed just opened PArr Street studio one, and I think that session might have been the first in there) ... Six A-sides and six B-sides in total.

Not necessarily my personal cup of tea to listen to, but it was very cool to have had a hand in the whole undertaking... and it wasn't until after I moved to the states that I thought that I really ought to have bought a set of the singles.

-But uncle Ruari put all that right!

Come on now... has nobody been shafted on this forum?

-Keef

Very generous of you ,      14
reminds me of the x-mas thread we had going for a few years
even if i don't pick the right number i'd like to send you something

No one is entering ? I'm sure some of us have been burned multiple
times , things to watch for people who are moving and or haven't
posted recently but reappear selling

I haven't been let down here, but still really wanted to enter.  I was actually one of the lucky ones that received the Weller solder stations that others got shafted on.

I have been let down by old girlfriends and Chineese QC/QA.  Does that count?  ;)

I completely agree!!  This forum is very unique in the fact that everyone is trying to help one another... and I've been very
much the beneficiary.

Mr. Hinson (aka aardman) took me for a ride to the tune of a couple hundred dollars.... (small change to what others lost)

And yet, the rule seems to be one of generosity.  For example, Mike from Hairball gave me a free pair of ez1290 boards... and even covered the shipping... what a cool guy!!

So I really don't feel ripped off, but I'll enter anyway just for the hell of it... 9

cheers,
dave

Aardman could have taken me for about $650 on two purchases, but I got $600 worth of the goods.  Small extra bits forgotten, found, then never sent.  Who knows.  I feel lucky. 

I already have 1176D parts languishing. 

I pick #27.

ruairioflaherty said:
I could give away 10 times this amount of stuff and not even begin to repay my debt to this forum.

I feel the same, so I'm offering up a second prize.

1176 Revision J board set, with input (Lundahl) and output (OEP) trannies, plus the two oddball diodes.

Assuming we get two entrants, that is.

I remember when the forum moved here.  I sold CJ a Urei Meter for like 15 or 20 bucks and sent it without even a thought of getting my money first.  I was living with my parents at the time, and my mom told me there was a man on the phone.  It was Chris and he wanted me to know that he was sending me $40 because it was much nicer than he was expecting. 

I was trying to be nice, only to be answered with someone being nice.  It's nice to see that spirit making a conscious effort to return.  Cheers all.

Sent a member some parts.  He said he never got them, so I sent some more.  UPS said same person signed for both packages.  #13
Bruno2000

Edit:  Oops!  I was the seller!  does this still count?

Latest posts

Back