Looking for info on JS and "No Name"- transformers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty Circuit

Hi all,

I got a couple of transformers that I cant find any info on.

JS type 0,32M No.40 50ohm/80Kohm

And one no name marked "M170CT"

A long shot but you'll never know..

/D.C

The JS stuff I know of is all supposed to be really good.  Never seen any data.  You have the basic info; take some measurements, and/or put it in front of a tube preamp circuit and have a listen. 

I have c. ten JS ( Jørgen Schou, Danmark) transformers . Tried to find some info some years ago, but found almost none. I asked among others Jakob Erlander. All I  know, that they're very good and expensive. Mine are surplus from YLE (Finnish national broadcasting company) and they use very good quality equipment (Neumans, Telefunken etc.).

Dusty circuit,

This is a moving coil for MC-pickups in the high impedant area.

I find some tech specs:
50 ohm to 80 khom
gain: 32 dB
5 Hz to 25 kHz
(price in the midle of 1960´s, 20:- Skr)

Okabass,

Do you have a number on your JS transformer ??

--Bo

HI

Here're the numbers of my JS transformers. Any info, please.

-TYPE 0.32 MP. NO.13762 (can type, 2 pieces)
-TYPE 3.15P NO.12819 (Open EI-type)
-TYPE 3.15M NO.12292  ( can, 5 pieces)
-TYPE MSP NO.13392/3 (can)
-TYPE 1.25M NO.8624/3 (can, 2 pieces)
-TYPE 0.32MP NO.9065  (can)
-TYPE 0.32MP NO.8783/2 (can)
-TYPE 1.6CA? NO.13590 (can, 2 pieces)

Plus several 3.15  EI-type, open frame transformers, maybe ten.

These two (down) are unknown transformers, totally shielded "cubes" (µ-metal, I think). One local guru admired their specifications. They may be mic input transformers.

-T917 H.H.

-C71381/F171-B21

Okabass,

Sorry, but I can not find any of these in my list of 1960's.

These types are probably custom made, and are not part of their normal production.

What type of equipment they come from ?

--Bo

Bo Hansén said:
Okabass,

Sorry, but I can not find any of these in my list of 1960's.

These types are probably custom made, and are not part of their normal production.

What type of equipment they come from ?

--Bo

HI

Thanks for looking.

It's quite possible that they're custom made for YLE.  Mine are surplus from YLE (Finnish national broadcasting company). They sell occasionally old equipment at auction.

There surely and luckily are  more information on the transformers. For ex. INPUT TRANSF.
And there are also Ω or kΩ readings and wire colour code ( say, green is C.T. and so on ).

The two NO. 13762:s and NO.12819 are on a module, that has M 100 discrete op-amp. Cant tell more how they were used. Probably most were used in transistor units cause some the impedances are quite low say 50 or 200 Ω. Some has several kΩ, suitable even for passive DI box.

Latest posts

Back