Single Channel Trigger to MIDI Converter Schem/Circuit???

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shorty

Been looking, searching, digging, knawing, biteing..... :) No luck

Any simple schematics/circuits around for a 1 channel trigger to MIDI converter?

I just want 1 channel... one piezzo, to convert to MIDI... as small as possible...

I also will need to add a couple things to the circuit, but they should be easy once I have something to start with....

Anyone? Please?

Now off to chase down dude that makes those PCBs so I can get these 8 channel balancing boards going :)

Thanx :)

go and have a look at the arduino site. it'll probably be a combo of some analog electronics to condition the piezo signal to work with the Arduino adc and some code to gate the signal and genarate midi out of the arduino. Should'nt be too hard to make.

greetings,

Thomas

Ok, so via Arduino, looks like a MINI , and a MINI USB ADAPTER (Just to interface and program the MINI)

Can't seem to get Ucapps.de up.... but I didn't think they had anything small and simple, thought it was more MIDIBOX stuff right?

I need something tiny... think US Dime coin sized.....

All I need it to do is convert analog input from a piezzo and convert it into a Midi message from 1 thru 127 velocity.
The only other thing I need to implement is a threshold , or trim , so that the bottom threshold is 'gated'...
Meaning, I would need to strike X-HARD in order to achieve a 1 Velocity....

At any rate.... Something like the MINI, and MINI USB ADAPTER from Arduino would get me going here.... but....
Not sure I need such an advanced set of features. And even the MINI is too big for this embedded application....

Any other ideas?

Arduino seems a good start, and if nothing else turns up, I could use the MINI to test with and build a smaller unit based from...
And still use the MINI USB ADAPTER for programming my own design.....

But anything else come to mind?

Maybe an IC which is already designed to convert analog in to a proper MIDI out???

Shorty said:
I need something tiny... think US Dime coin sized.....

That is a too specific demand. I doubt you can find a ready made project to meet it. Check Microchip web site for surface mount microcontrollers with ADC ports. You'll of course need to do your own programming but it should not be difficult with even Basic. Also, brush up your pcb design skills.

The Arduino board only looks big because it has all that extra space for the USB interface, power reg, and every pin is routed to a header.

Use it to test your program, then pop out the ATMEGA chip and plug into your own PCB with just the basics voltage input, clock crystal, bypass caps and whatever in/out pins you need.

Hi,

You might have your first/simplest 'MIDI-out' keyboard around but are no longer using it and will likely never ever do so again ?
The brain-PCB of these simple plastic MIDI-keyboards might be just the ticket. I've made a five-button sample-trigger from it. So in essence the footswitches replace the keys. Using some trigger-circuit instead of the switches will do it.

Here's a related thread:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=3743.msg45150

Latest posts

Back