DIY Wireless transmitter schematics... anyone have any?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smoke

I'm just planning my next projects, and thought a wireless would be nice...

Has anyone built a wireless for guitar/bass? is it relatively difficult?

Where can I find a schematic?

Thanks

Any wireless worth its salt these days will be UHF, frequency-agile, and include a well-designed companding system, as well as a "diversity" receiver.

A good wireless system for guitar is a rather advanced DIY project. You're better off just buying a ready-made system unless you enjoy a huge challenge and have experience with designing at UHF.

i'm up for the challenge, but thats only because i don't understand the projects complexity :)

any positive posts/thoughts? schematics?

You do realise that anything home made would most likely be illegal to use?

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Maybe put it on the 2GHz range, that might not be illegal since it is an unlicensed band.

But if you do use an unlicensed band then you will have to compete with other signals on that band. ie: wireless network, satelite radio, bluetooth... but you can probebly transmit a higher frequency with much less power than UHF.

Does transmitting an audio signal require you to compress it in some way? or at least limit your frequency response?

how do guitar wireless transmitters work then?

whats a common frequency... and whats so bad about using that freq

my 2 cents.

if you are asking how wireless transmitters work, you should most definitely not be building one you should be taking a class at a school about it or something, THEN try building one which wont be FCC compliant and can get you arrested in Europe which actually happened to a good friend. We have FCC laws here which arent really enforced on the ham level but in europe its a much different thing, friend of mine had army dudes haul him off for transmitting on their band...

I use audio transmitters at work quite a bit and work with other guys that do not have cables in their package, everything is wireless. People that understand how to make them dont really know how to make them sound good. If you are really into learning about radio by all means go for it, but if you are looking at this as a utility item to use for your guitar or something, completely just buy one from ebay. The sennhieser units arent so bad for a guitar signal, you'll hear the companding with a mic however on all those cheaper units. A "real" wireless system doesnt cost a small fortune for no reason.

dave

im still pretty keen. All i've built is a video transmitter for playing videos in my room or playing .avi files in the living room, but i still dont understand 50% of it :)

It's probably not comparable with a wireless guitar but I doubt its illegal as long as my neighbours cant catch the signal.

Theres an audio signal and video signal on it.

I could probably plug my guitar in the audio in and hook up my amp with the TV headphone jack ((((((:)

but, because of that project, I thought a guitar wireless would be easy.

Latest posts

Back