Any of you guys live in the LA/Southern California area?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myker

hi, just wondering if there are any of you guys living in my neck of the woods and what you guys are doing for projects these days?
-mike

I live in L.A. as for projects I have 2 or 3 in various stages but between work and my band I havn't had time to complete them... or even worse really get into doing them..

ubxf said:
Did you ever finish your Vipre

yes... the parts vi-pre was complete although it did take same major metal working as well the chasis that came with it for free was all miss matched, meaning the front pannel didn't fit into the chassis with the back panel and such. anyway the unit was snatched up from me for an offer I could not refuse.

cool! nice to meet you guys. nice to know there are some locals on this forum.
-mike

Another local here (Echo Park).... Don't have all that much time for my own projects these days. Between engineering records full time, audio design consulting, and building Level-ors I'm pretty much tapped out. I suppose the consulting sort of becomes "my project"

ian

Hi,
    I'm mainly a musician/recording engineer, but love spending time here. Mostly interested in mics and pres. Have done a Royer mod, and several other MXL, Nady, Oktava, and other mic mods to tube, ribbon and condensers. Also lots of preamp mods. Want to build a NYD stereo Two-Bottle, and am slowly assembling parts for this, but the downturn in the economy has really hindered my ability to purchase parts.
    This forum is great, and I've learned more than I can recount here. Fixed many pieces of my own, and other folks gear with generous help from DIY members.
    Would love to meet if a LA group starts.
  Gotta go. Playing a gig in Laguna Beach today for actual MONEY!

i have built a bunch of the classic api 312 pre's and i have an 1176 that im having a crap of a time calibrating, but other than that im new to pro audio, although i have built quite a few tube guitar amps. would be cool to meet you guys and see some of your projects and maybe just talk about recording...
-mike

Hey guys,

I live in downtown Los Angeles and would be interested in meeting up.  I work in acoustics for B&K and have been so busy with work and outside life I haven't done too much audio lately - although I am about to finish up my first gssl. 

I didn't see the Red Bull thing.

-Tony

O.k. socal people.... got a question for you guys. do any of you know a good cabinet maker. Like  for P.A. applications?  Need someone who can do wood work and who is fair priced.... I don't have all the necessary tools or time to make some of the cuts I would need...

Latest posts

Back