Australia-Where to source 18 volts AC Adaptor - Not DC, Atleast 300ma?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canidoit

Just wondering if anyone from OZ know where to source a plug pack or adapter that outputs 18 volts AC?

Atleast 300 ma.

I have tried various places and no luck.

Thanks.

Have you tried WES electronics in Ashfield, Sydney?  Otherwise maybe Rockby Electronics in Melbourne might.

Otherwise is this for a consumer piece you want to power or a project. A secondary tap of 18v@300ma transformer and rectifier shouldn't be too hard to do.

deuce42 said:
Have you tried WES electronics in Ashfield, Sydney?  Otherwise maybe Rockby Electronics in Melbourne might.

Otherwise is this for a consumer piece you want to power or a project. A secondary tap of 18v@300ma transformer and rectifier shouldn't be too hard to do.
Hey deuce : )

I have an American piece of unit that uses a plug pack but it's 18 volts AC. I thought it would be easy to get one here, but it was alot harder than I thought. Seems USA has heaps of 18 volts AC but not OZ!

Il give that Wes place a try but so far no luck with electronics suppliers. I wonder if theres a power supplier locally that actually has this voltage otherwise power converter will have to do.

Not sure what the secondary tap thing is you are talking about.

I think Wes carry a few hard to get plug pack adaptors. Reckon you might be lucky with them. Otherwise, there are always 9vac plug packs around from places like Jaycar. You could put two 9vac's together to make 18.

I meant that if you were up to building, you could simply get a transformer with 240vac prmary and secondary of 18vac, add a couple of components and presto. 

Try Wes first.

canidoit said:
Just wondering if anyone from OZ know where to source a plug pack or adapter that outputs 18 volts AC?

Atleast 300 ma.

I have tried various places and no luck.

Thanks.

Check with Peavey service... We used to use a 16 VAC @1a wall wart that may be close enough. This was used on lots of products so may still be in service stock.

JR

Isn't SM Pro Audio based in Australia? They use a 17Vac 1A PSU for their PR8E preamp.  It actually gives around 19Vac unloaded, so it's probably close enough.

Back