Dual Mid 1084 Clone Project

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deuc224 said:
Since no one has the balls to just come out and ask, i will. Are you gonna do a run for us primative people :'( look at my tears

OK, OK,  Thanks for the support!!!  I just build stuff for myself, and didn't think there would be this much interest.  If I can get some idea of how many folks want boards, and how many each person wants, I'll have another run made.  I think the board sets will be about $100 plus shipping, and I'll open a thread in the White Market if this gets rolling.
Best,
Bruno2000

bruno2000 said:
deuc224 said:
Since no one has the balls to just come out and ask, i will. Are you gonna do a run for us primative people :'( look at my tears

OK, OK,  Thanks for the support!!!  I just build stuff for myself, and didn't think there would be this much interest.  If I can get some idea of how many folks want boards, and how many each person wants, I'll have another run made.  I think the board sets will be about $100 plus shipping, and I'll open a thread in the White Market if this gets rolling.
Best,
Bruno2000

Is it for 8 channels? If so that's a very good price...  :eek: :eek: ;) ;) ;)

Cheers
Søren

Soeren_DK said:
bruno2000 said:
deuc224 said:

OK, OK,  Thanks for the support!!!  I just build stuff for myself, and didn't think there would be this much interest.  If I can get some idea of how many folks want boards, and how many each person wants, I'll have another run made.  I think the board sets will be about $100 plus shipping, and I'll open a thread in the White Market if this gets rolling.
Best,
Bruno2000

Is it for 8 channels? If so that's a very good price...  :eek: :eek: ;) ;) ;)

Cheers
Søren

No, I'm afraid that's for one board set (1 of the main EQ/mic pre, 1 of the pots and toggle/pushbutton switches).  
Best,
Bruno2000

I would have to ask for some extra days at work but i would be in for 2 somehow lol. This project looks too bad ass to pass up. Dual mids are what was missing in the N series EQ.

deuc224 said:
How are they powered? i dont see the PS with the unobtainium caps :D

They are powered with some commercial (Power One) supplies I had laying around.  They are in a separate box (not shown).  There's a 24V 5A supply for the audio, a separate 24V 400 mA supply for the relays, and another 24A 400 mA supply in series with the audio supply for Phantom.  The people at Power One assured me that the all of their power supplies come stock with the unobtainium caps :D
Best,
Bruno2000

Hi Bruno,

this time I am starting one of your boards. Is it possible to get a schema for this project? I only have the BOM. Thanks

Any chance you will do another run of these boards? I'm just getting into building gear and this one tweaked my interest big time.

Can I just check one thing. All the Grayhill switches are on the main PCB. The toggles and pots are on the daughter board. Correct? That makes a very elegant layout. Which pots and toggles do you use?

Cheers

Ian

What is the solution to use in line in mode?

Is it possible with that 9045 or have to buy 9046?

prescott said:
What is the solution to use in line in mode?

Is it possible with that 9045 or have to buy 9046?

The new boards have positions for the 9045 AND the 9046.  An option is to increase the loss through the pad and feed a line level signal into the mic input like the 1066.
Best,
Bruno2000

Latest posts

Back