Dual Mid 1084 Clone Project

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As many members of this place just know ,
unfortunately "Bruno2000" ( sadly ) is no more with us (R.i.p.)  :'(

we were in touch for another run of the 1084 dual mid project ,
unfortunately the time was not our friend ,

this post as invitation to anyone would like to contribute
with any doc (image, schematic, bom, etc.. )
and post with related build help ,
useful  to make it and complete it .

In memory of  : "Bruno2000",

very thanks in advance for any post or pm about .

3nity said:
What? Did he passed away? When how come? 😔

Hi  ,  a so sad news
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/atlanta/obituary.aspx?n=joseph-f-neil&pid=188613421&fhid=5288
noticed also on brewery section  .

any 1084 dual mid , doc , info , help , shared
in memory of Bruno2000 , is appreciated .

I’m building 8 of Joes 1084’s. There about stuffed. All I have is the BOM. Going in July to his house for his Celebration of Life gathering. I’ll see if I can get anymore info when I speak to his wife.
We lost the most  important DIY’r anywhere.  Love Joe, I no your soldering somewhere better my friend. Love ya.
Myke

SubhumanRecords said:
I’m building 8 of Joes 1084’s. There about stuffed. All I have is the BOM. Going in July to his house for his Celebration of Life gathering. I’ll see if I can get anymore info when I speak to his wife.
We lost the most  important DIY’r anywhere.  Love Joe, I no your soldering somewhere better my friend. Love ya.
Myke
Thanks for post SubhumanRecords , !
and yes you are right  :  "We lost the most  important DIY’r anywhere ",  unfortunately .

any help about is welcome,
let us know  .

SIXTYNINER said:
As many members of this place just know ,
unfortunately "Bruno2000" ( sadly ) is no more with us (R.i.p.)  :'(

we were in touch for another run of the 1084 dual mid project ,
unfortunately the time was not our friend ,

this post as invitation to anyone would like to contribute
with any doc (image, schematic, bom, etc.. )
and post with related build help ,
useful  to make it and complete it .

In memory of  : "Bruno2000",

very thanks in advance for any post or pm about .

+ 1 here interested to build some dual mid 1084
in memory of the nice guy  "Bruno2000"!

who have built the modules have some more documentation
like schematics , images of pcb and other more as help ?
thanks

Hi,

I’m building 8 units too. I have info: pdf bom, schematic and written info in my mail from Joe. (Pm me with what you need)
So the ones who have build the 1084’s where did you source the hollow shaft switch? I have the correct part no from Grayhill but the MOQ is 25 pcs. @ €45/pce...

Ok. So I've found something dubious. I have rev 5.1 and the layout in pdf of 4.9. In rev 4.9 R211 is 91R and is clearly located around C210 (400uF/4V) and connected to its negative leg. In the original BA283 schematic the value is 1K8. In my rev 5.1 the location where R211 was is now R214 but I don't have the corresponding BOM. What would you do?
*In the BOM Subhumanrecords posted above this seems corrected to R214= 91R*

I can’t find R215 & R2105 (BOM 4.9-5.1) on the schematic (5.1), layout (4.9) or the PCB (5.1). Would these be left out?
I believe R2105 is left out the sensitivity switch in the ‘off’ position, but I can’t find where R215 would have been, maybe the optional input Zobel which is now marked R216?

Is there someone here who has a finished unit of Joe which has the hollow shaft switch installed? I need the part number of that switch. It seems like I got the weong part number from Joe. My part number includes another switch already attached to it.

SubhumanRecords said:
This is what he help me with on the 1081, I built a couple, couldn’t find anymore.
hi "SubhumanRecords"
please could you check about the attached  ?
it say me : "404 error "
( as showed in my attached...)
let me know
cheers

Attachments

• 404.png
    404.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 34
Back