AMEK BC3

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stereokillah

HI there,
i have this unit in my old home but like i need to move in my new one I 'll be forced to sell it.

I never had chance to used it i'll did some test before but i would have an opinion on the sale price, comesticaly like new i have some spare in case of maintnance.

Thank you Sirs

I recently parted one.

As a complete unit it becomes difficult to sell internationally due to shipping cost. Before I parted it out another forum member wanted to purchase it but my unit was in Istanbul and would cost a fortune to ship. So I had to put it through the knife. Scrapped the chassis and brought the modules to UK as my luggage.

I had three mic channels (315) and sold two of them to a forum member at £100 per channel. Line channels (318) would go less than that but I am keeping them for myself.

The final price depends on the number of mic channels you have but they generally go between £500 and £750 here. Having the meter bridge helps greatly. (I kept the meter bridge on mine.)

Do you have the service manual? If you do I would be grateful if you could mail me the schematics for 315 and 318 modules. It would also greatly help the other forum member (Melville) for his racking.

thank you jackies & Sahib,

Check funkyjunk?
i did it before but they don't have it in stock actually, and in france they have a bc3 for sell  more than 3000 euros with VAT, as Sahib say 750£ we have a big differnece
Do you have the service manual?
no don't have it, but i asked to the guys who sold me a few month ago,  if he find it i'll let you know.

I think it is exteremely overpriced but as I said it depends on the number of mic-channels. Couple of months ago there was one on American e-bay which the guy was asking for $225/best offer per channel strip. Did not sell. If the mic channels are transfromer coupled you might get more but I doubt you'll sell it for a figure like 3000 Euro. I have just sold my Soundtracks Project 8 - 24/48 for under £1000 to Melville (Dominic) which is in mint condition and includes a brand new flight case and all the multicores which again are all brand new. Don't get me wrong I would like you to get as much as you can for it but be realistic with the price if you are intending to sell it even on e-bay.

Yeah, funkyjunk will say they sell it for 3000 euro, and for a private sale a 750 pounds sounds about right.
I mean, what kinda dealer would they be if they weren't making 2000 profit on a 1000 item?
I just bought a small BC2, without meterbridge or psu (to get more channel strips) for $600.
You didn't even say how many channels you have, they come in all sorts of configurations.

stereokillah said:
funkyjunk the bc2 got:
2 mic preamp mono, 10 stereo, 2auxs, one master, monitoring section complet
http://www.funkyjunkfrance.com/brandlist-AMEK-fr.html

Yes the were expensive in their heyday but not anymore. I don't think any pro with a right mind would pay that sort of money to a console with only 2 mic channels. But still good luck.

Kooma,

I look forward to the schematics. It would be wonderful if you had for BC318 module too.

i think it was only 315 :(
at some point i posted (at least)parts of those scans to gmail, but i'm now browsing on my phone and too lazy to check there:)

ok, here's pinout for those 3 connectors and schemas and notes were in groupdiy gmail(Amek bc3 servicemanual(Mic)).

Attachments

• BC3liittimet.jpg
    BC3liittimet.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 54
:D
Nothing so magnific, it's just if you had a mixer with 6 of them, would probably not worth as much as with 18 of them..
Besides, mic preamp is a Neve design, don't forget to put that in your auction description.

Views vary on sound as it is subjective, but primarily you have a good shit in your hands. And with 18 mic channels you can hardly go wrong.

Back