R312 Api312, Diypill down

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graph

Hi! I wanted to know if someone knows what happened to diypill(bauman's site), its down  :(

Anyways, i was in the process of starting a 312 last month but the site went down.

Does anybody knows what happened? maybe he forgot to pay the hosting..

Has anybody downloaded the pdf's of api312 and 2520(anyway, there are lots of opamps here that can be used, like 990 jensen from mnat) who could share them?

Thanks!
I hope diypills come back :)

shabtek said:
i was diggin for this same info last night.
docs sent
Thanks Shabtek!

You sent me 312 PSU BOM and 312 BOM, Schem, Part Placement, and Greg & Fabio 312 Schems.

Only missing if u have 312 and 312's psu track's side, i would really appreciate it :)

For 2520, i will use Jensen 990, from mnatts.

Thanks again, to everyone who needs them, i will share them while diypill's off, wanted to contact bauman but his PM is full.

I think I might have this on some backup harddrive, that old PC where I might have had it is history, I'll take a look next couple of days.... Member BR might have the files, he is/was Fabio's (bauman's) partner, and he is still active around here. I think he even has a white market thread.

As far as your opamp choice, ignore this if you already know, but make sure you get the right transformers for the 990. Do not use any of the ones on the schematic, they are higher ratio and meant for 2520, etc opamps.  You don't want to use the ones people normally use with 2520s (1:7 or 1:8 or 1:10 input, 1:2 or 1:3 output). Search the forum for options.  You want 1:2 input and 1:1 output, and adjust the gain circuit to give you 54dB from the 990 (to get a total 60dB), otherwise you will have thin bass-less sound with an overall hissy-ness. 

mitsos said:
I think I might have this on some backup harddrive, that old PC where I might have had it is history, I'll take a look next couple of days.... Member BR might have the files, he is/was Fabio's (bauman's) partner, and he is still active around here. I think he even has a white market thread.

As far as your opamp choice, ignore this if you already know, but make sure you get the right transformers for the 990. Do not use any of the ones on the schematic, they are higher ratio and meant for 2520, etc opamps.  You don't want to use the ones people normally use with 2520s (1:7 or 1:8 or 1:10 input, 1:2 or 1:3 output). Search the forum for options.  You want 1:2 input and 1:1 output, and adjust the gain circuit to give you 54dB from the 990 (to get a total 60dB), otherwise you will have thin bass-less sound with an overall hissy-ness.  
Thanks mitsos, didnt know about that.

I would appreciate if u can send me the files(or other one), i am not in a hurry, i plan to start this project at the end of september, but i want to gather all the information that i can.

I will search which trafos should i match or 990 in case i use an jensen 990. I guess using the original Api 2503 ((75)1:1(75)1:2(300)1:3(600)) type transformer should be okay for the output, and an Oep a262 A3E(1+1:2+2) 600:600ohms would work fine. But i will search deeply in this forum to get more information.

shabtek said:
i was diggin for this same info last night.
docs sent

Jeremy, let me know if you can't find the Fabio PSU build thread. I've got a printout of the thread and schem sitting on the floor here I was going to mail to you with the boards but forgot. There's some helpful mods to the PSU which I implemented on the stuffed board.

I couldn´t find the PSU etch file, but member cosmonaut said he has one, maybe shoot him a PM?

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=40779.0

Hey guys,

I'll have to look around here pretty deep for the trace layouts.
I don't think I have any of that, since all the pcbs were made down in Brazil.
I'll dig, but can't promise anything.
All I have for sure is, Schems and BOMs, most boms are outdated. 

BR said:
Hey guys,

I'll have to look around here pretty deep for the trace layouts.
I don't think I have any of that, since all the pcbs were made down in Brazil.
I'll dig, but can't promise anything.
All I have for sure is, Schems and BOMs, most boms are outdated. 
Thank you BR

Do you have the BOM of the 312? Because i have 2 BOM here, they arent the ones from Bauman, so i cant know the parts numbers. Do you still have them? the 4 files u send me for the PSU where the right ones, really MUCH thanks :)

I have already the Trace layouts, rev 3, and part rev 3. I am only missing 1 file, BOM from fabio, it doesnt matter if it is outdates so the values of each part is placed there :)

As i said before, if anyone needs them just mail me

okgb said:
See fabio's answer here
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=40784.msg506148#new
but it is indeed down
Thank you, i will ask him by email :)

I hope he uploads again the site.

Latest posts

Back