Eagle library for 12 position rotary switch from CTS? (Now with a picture!)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

intergalactic

I ordered a few of these from Mouser:
212PO112N332RA
For a THAT1512 preamp design I am working on.

100 mil/2.54mm spaced 12 position non shorting PC mount job. Looks interesting. Anyone have a library for them?

Attachments

• 212PO112N332RA.jpg
    212PO112N332RA.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 11
And my thought was that this along with the combo XLR/TRS jack right angle mounted would look ok. Also, I figured potentially shorter better shielded runs to the gain resistors are more likely to reject noise. Any reason why a right angle board mount would be bad, other than having to make the case line up?

Search for CK101X12 in your library.  It has the 30deg angle that your CTS switch does.  The only thing that might be weird is where the pole solder point is located.  At which point I don't know how set on that switch you are but 10SM159 from mouser should fit that foot print and it's cheaper.

I'm not sure I understand your right angle question/typed thought process.  If your switch is board mounted why would you mount your XLR jacks at a right angle?  Maybe I'm misunderstanding, which happen quite regularly.

-Casey

This would be the perfect time to learn how to create your own library part. I can't believe how many errors I've found in "stock" eagle libs. I pretty much make everything myself now.

Ptownkid said:
This would be the perfect time to learn how to create your own library part. I can't believe how many errors I've found in "stock" eagle libs. I pretty much make everything myself now.

+1
Bruno2000

signalflow said:
Search for CK101X12 in your library.  It has the 30deg angle that your CTS switch does.  The only thing that might be weird is where the pole solder point is located.  At which point I don't know how set on that switch you are but 10SM159 from mouser should fit that foot print and it's cheaper.

I'm not sure I understand your right angle question/typed thought process.  If your switch is board mounted why would you mount your XLR jacks at a right angle?  Maybe I'm misunderstanding, which happen quite regularly.

-Casey

do you recall which library it is in? It didn't show in my Eagle 5.10 library search.

Thanks!

intergalactic said:
signalflow said:

-Casey

do you recall which library it is in? It didn't show in my Eagle 5.10 library search.

Thanks!

go here http://www.engineering.uiowa.edu/~eshop/Eagle/lbr/ scroll down to the switch.lbr link, download then put it in your eagle library folder.  Don't forget that when you open eagle after this you need to expand the library tab in the control panel and click the grayed out dot next to the newly added part library(should turn green) to make sure eagle loads it for you.

Then to check if the file is correct with your part, just print out and compare.

-Casey

Thanks!

Bought the parts- the correct ones the 2nd time around.

Package looks like this more or less. (Lower left,  above it is a Neutrik XLR/TRS)

And a thanks to 'owel' !

I haven't drawn an Eagle package in years.

Attachments

• PREAMP1512A.PNG
    PREAMP1512A.PNG
    176.7 KB · Views: 53

Latest posts

Back