Drip V72 Newbie Build Question ::blush::

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brolik

Hey guys. I know that this is a waste of space and bandwidth and whatnot... but I've got to ask a pure n00b question.

I'm building the Drip V72 and I have a sweet Jantzen Superior Z 2.2uF cap that I am hoping to use as the output cap (C33). The problem is that the requested value is 2.0uF. I feel like this falls (close anyway) within a 10% tolerance, which I understand should be fine. I want to make sure that it will be though.

It's an expensive cap and an expensive build, so I don't want to make stupid mistakes, even at the cost of asking stupid questions.

Here's a link to the .pdf about the project. http://dripelectronics.com/documentation/v72_pcb_manual.pdf

Thanks in advance, and I apologize again for stupid questions.

It's fine as long as the voltage rating is high enough.

Re expensive cap: I could think of better things to invest in to make it perform/sound better...

yea me too. just something I had. Better place to use it than some unimportant, non-audio path thing. And it's a little big to put it my Mixbuzz  :D.

Thanks Volker. You're the man. That should be my one stupid question for this year. But you never can tell...

Just out of curiosity though, what would be the first thing you invest in?

jantzen or mundorf sound both amazing in this circuit...
something alarming i found out was the 10uf electrolytic in the audio path inbetween the valves on the drip72 board....
i changed it to a jantzen and the difference was night and day....

Latest posts

Back