Why are we here?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junction

On the way to work on the train this morning there were a bunch of intellectually handicapped school kids with eyes wide open, so innocently smiling at all white collared zombies on their journey. One kid shouted out the name of each station a few hundred meters before each stop. I've been doing this journey for the last year and I don't know the name of each station.

When in life did we close our eyes, shut down our ability to absorb whats going on around us and just cruise? One occasionally wonders what purpose we have in life?

Too deep to deal with on the internets.  Requires mano a mano.

My favorite parallel experience was a guy following the conductor yelling the next station- "next stop, Crazy House!"
Mike
PS: [deleted]  If you want to help, look inside, then outside your door.  I do and do.  If you don't have a plate of food and want a link, start with smiletrain.org.  The cost of three silly "classic iron" transformers for that new passive summing mixer bus thingy can save a doomed child.

We are here to glorify the living and true God who created the universe, you, me and yay, electricity!

That is what God says in his word. Not me. So take it up with Him man.

;D

"We're here to help each other through this thing, whatever it is."
-Kurt Vonnegut

I think this forum is a great example of that, despite the fact that it involves the internet.

tchgtr said:
"We're here to help each other through this thing, whatever it is."
-Kurt Vonnegut

I think this forum is a great example of that, despite the fact that it involves the internet.

Well the Internet is just a series of tubes after all... I wonder what the gain staging is like? Schematic!!!

We surely don't live the right way, life is getting more and more complicated and so are we, taking the time to see and feel what is happening around us is one wisdom we hardly have and think of these days,  i remember an indian physics teacher i met, told me something once and i think it's a nice way to resume that,
"Simple life, Higher thinking"

Being from the states, I'm here to consume high fructose corn syrup and do the bidding of the ruling powers.
Trouble is...in a fit of unlimited greed, the ruling powers made a desperate grab for the remaining "post industrial" residual wealth
and created mayhem. Many are not getting their syrup allotment now.

They are starving their own slaves! :eek:

Les

livingnote said:
I'm basically trying to not go broke while still being myself ;)

So far, the latter part works just fine...
OK, so it's all good. You'd know you have a problem when you would be trying to not go broke while trying to be your neighbour (or whoever).

"Now the reason we're here, is to love each other, take care of each other."  Yeah I know I dropped a line in the lyric.  I am sure Chrissy Hynde would not mind my edit.  Peace Love, C

"Imagine that your standing on a world that is revolving at slightly more than 900 miles an hour..." The Pythons answered this very question in a full length film!  ;D

Ray

grantlack said:
Well the Internet is just a series of tubes after all... I wonder what the gain staging is like? Schematic!!!

I have a schematic around somewhere, but it's not that complicated.  Should be easy to do point to point.  It's basically an information stage feeding a truth/lie oscillator with an opinion bypass.  At the output transformer there is a negative feedback loop feeding the truth/lie oscillator.

The central message of Buddhism is not "Every man for himself." - A Fish Called Wanda

Latest posts

Back