SERPENT AUDIO - SB4000 / SA-3A / SEND 'N BLEND (FINAL STOCK)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dazazone said:
2 kits, payment sent.  hope I'm not too late for the front panels  :eek:

Nope, not at all.  You're good.

A big thanks to everyone that has supported this project!

I've been getting alot of inquires as far as available BOM, what else is needed, what's in the kits, transformer needed, calibration, assembly instructions, etc.

Just so everyone is clear:

I am working on assembly and calibration instructions.  Assembly is as straightfroward and easy as it gets and will be fully documented.  It will be available far in advanced before anyone receives the boards.

Calibration is very easy and can be done with your soundcard & RMAA (free).  If you have a true RMS meter, calibration is even easier but it is not required at all.  Calibration process takes about 30 minutes.

I am going through the BOM and triple checking for correctness, it will be posted later this week.  However Ptownkid will be providing component kits for the unit at an amazing price.  It includes everything to build the pcb's, the ribbon cable, connectors, AS WELL as nearly everything you need for the front and rear panel (pushbuttons, toggle switches, LED, power switch, bargraph, xlr's, etc etc.)

The only things not included in the kit that you need to build an entire unit:

-The boards and (Optional) front panel, which are purchased through me
-Case (Can be purchased from parmetal or modushop)
-Power Transformer (Farnell, mouser, digikey, newark, etc)
-IEC Connector and fuse (Farnell, mouser, digikey, newark, etc)
-Knobs (Farnell, mouser, digikey, newark, etc)
-Wire (Farnell, mouser, digikey, newark, etc)
-Meter (Any meter can by used but my front panel is designed for the Sifam AL19 style) (AL19 clone meters can also be purchased by Ptownkid)
-Hardware of your choice for mounting boards, the star ground, etc. (Farnell, mouser, digikey, newark, any hardware store, etc) - Board holes are sized for M4 or 6-32 screws with plenty of clearance for washers, standoffs, etc.

That is absolutely everything you would need to build an entire unit.  I will provide support & recommendations for these items if anyone needs help on what to select.

If anyone has any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

PP'd for one kit.
New to the forum and gonna cut my teeth on this one.
Scope and solder station on the way too...... :D
Much appreciated man!
Elliot

Parts kit and meter pre-order will be up tonight. Just trying to get the possible chassis offer ironed out so it can all go up at once.

Great news.

Payment sent for 2 Kits - thanks Mike!

Another nOOb here.  Currently trawlin through the META's & really looking forward to tackling this one and learning a new skill.
Best forum on the net by far! 8)

Ok, minor delay on the parts kit pre-order...but for good reasons

I need to take a poll regarding the meters, as i had a thought to make them a little more interesting, check the black market for details tomorrow. Also, it looks like I will have the chassis (without front panel) in stock with all rear holes pre-done. ;D

Just need to finalize pricing on all the SB4000 related items and list them at the same time so it makes it easier for everyone.

Cheers

Rukus, would it be hard to put a blend/mix feature on this? Or do you have any plans to add a blend/mix feature on this?

Back