MixBuzz1: full-featured 1RU bus compressor. Pre-orders : pls update, page 6.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See, slow but sure!
Well, this summer post office fast at turtle, people were on vacations I think.
Cool... Waiting for pictures of assembled MixBuzz1's, surprize me! :)

@ thesystem : funny nickname!

I haven't checked one by one the bom supplied by Evilcat, but it looks OK.
Updated and rechecked BOM is here:
http://ij-audio.com/downloads/mixbuzz1_docs_v2_4.rar

When ordering relays, be sure they have more than 800 Ohm coil resistance.
Easy to check with datasheet. One of Farnell P/N'r (relay) in my older BOM was wrong.

I did not included in my BOM XLR's, knobs, meter and power switch. Many options, at your choice.

The rest is in BOM.

Mixbuzz1 has all possible options for all available today build variations of SSL 4K master bus compressor:
dual/single detector, sidechain hi-pass/thr@st filters, MIX (or blend/C&B), stepped/pot variable attack/release,
dual release control, soft/tight attack/release.

It is not simple build, however, if you check the documentation, everything is in very logic order.
Hope you will enjoy this compressor as many people do.

We still have 2-3 basic kits, +filters, +MIX, +LED meter addons. Feel free to contact me for full kit.

thesystem said:
Hi Igor, will ordering one PCB for the MixBuzz1 here (http://market.diyrecordingequipment.com/MixBuzz1-PCB-set,name,100171,auction_id,auction_details) and buying the parts from the BOM provided by evilcat here (http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=41654.msg560730#msg560730) give me everything I need to build the MixBuzz1 with all the extra's (sidechain, turbo, blend etc) or do I need more?

Hi "The System !!!"
Everything you need is in "my" BOM. Nearly everything from Mouser, plus some things like power xfrm, case from a local French supplier, it is clearly noted in the excel sheet.
My relays are maybe wrong, I'm not sure they have more than 800R coil resistance, but except that, I achieved a complet build with this exact BOM. You could use my Mouser Shopping Cart if you like.

Good hunting ! ;D

Best,

Ben

hi Igor mixbuzzy man,

finished 5 mixbusses before summer , they where around belgium festivals with different mixguys/bands.

they all loved it !!!!! drumbuzz and master!!!!

right now its working its mid magic on the master for studio mix, they love it to..

guess what , sound/ system engineers are caling me for more off these ... the saw /hear them on the festivals

maybe i need 5 more to solder if i got the time .....

thanks

jan from belgium

need help on your digital controlled eq? got a eq 200 here from element 78/summit audio

funball2 said:
hi Igor mixbuzzy man,

finished 5 mixbusses before summer , they where around belgium festivals with different mixguys/bands.

right now its working its mid magic on the master for studio mix, they love it to..

guess what , sound/ system engineers are caling me for more off these ... the saw /hear them on the festivals

thanks

jan from belgium

need help on your digital controlled eq? got a eq 200 here from element 78/summit audio

Thanx man, I got a stupid happy smile on my face!
Yep, I luv this compressor too.

The MixBuzz1 PCB's are available, BTW.

EQ200 supposed to be great EQ.
What did they used for frequency/gain control?

Shipped by regular registered airmail week+ ago, as discussed by mail.
Mmm... Bit of patience? :)

Igor said:
funball2 said:
hi Igor mixbuzzy man,

thanks

jan from belgium

Thanx man, I got a stupid happy smile on my face!
Yep, I luv this compressor too.

The MixBuzz1 PCB's are available, BTW.

EQ200 supposed to be great EQ.
What did they used for frequency/gain control?

+1 i would like to know also :) i love summit stuffs

Very important update.

Due to 90% of people who built this compressor did it with 11 steps attack and release switches, the new PCB's are done by this way.

All is same, but easier wiring.

http://ij-audio.com/downloads/MB1_docs_2_5.rar

+12V regulator's heatsink was changed to bigger one.
LM3914 LED current setting resisters were changed to lower power consumption too.

In case of whatever: use 12V relays with 700Ohm...2kOhm coil resistance, to reduce current consumption.

Front for use with Uraltone 23-step switches (the controls are bit moved to get space for 23-pos switches):

http://ij-audio.com/downloads/mb1_2_5ver9cdr.cdr

(saved in Corel version 9)

Attachments

• attrel.JPG
    attrel.JPG
    308.5 KB · Views: 61
Hi Igor,
greetings from Lithuania. Sorry for noticing all that great job You did here so late! Probablly I was too busy for making me GSSL's :)
Is there still possible to order 1 PCB with Power and IN/Bypass/Comp lenses? :D

Greetings from Israel. I grew in Minsk, so, we were neighbours.
Yes, for sure! ij-audio.com/store for pcbs.
I have the blank lenses only for this moment, but in case of whatever, contact me on facebook/skype (kapelevich igor).

Back